Great Story VOI 7 Red Bandana (Wild Horse)

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Friends,

When I got out of my truck tonight there was van pulling up in the drive way. It was my friend Chris and his Mom. Chris comes up to the house occasionally from down the street he is in early 20's and has been in a wheel chair all of his life. The good Lord only Blessed him with enough motor skills to guide an electric chair with one hand. I have known him once to slip away from his house and come and visit when the Viper garage door is open by himself usually he has a friend with him. The the change in contour of the driveway and the street can be very awkward for him. Chris always comes to talk Vipers and Corvettes for his Dad has just gotten one in the last 6 months a C-5, I do not think he has ever ridden in yet. It would take hoist to put him in it and it is not a convertible either....

While Angie (my wife) and I were at the drags last week we stopped at the old Corvette Museum in Bowling Green with the rest of you and purchased two tee shirts (Blue C-5's) for him and his dad. It took us almost 45 minutes to buy the shirts something the rest of you I am sure found out as well...so Angie delivers the shirts Sunday night and she put them in his mailbox with a note.

So when I get home tonight Chris has something for me and he wants to give it to me, which can be a chore for him, it is a white large envelope. When I finally got to look inside it was one of the "Red VOI 7 Red Bandana's". My first thought was Angie put one of our VOI Bandana's with the Corvette tee shirts and put them in the mailbox for Chris, I am going to have a word with her... Within a few minutes I realized how wrong I was, Chris's Mom explained he had been holding the Red VOI 7 Bandana for me for "over a month" his family knew I would like one but was not sure if I was going! His Dad's company had been contracted to make all 1600 or so of the Red VOI 7 Bandana's for Dodge they held one out for me....just 3 houses down the street from me in little old South Carolina there is a VOI 7 connection. VOI thanks for giving Chris's Dad, Lloyd, the business, we will look over the fact that he has a C-5 maybe we can encourage him to buy a new 2003!!!!! They are good people and everyday has additional challenges for them please pray for all of them.

We live in a very small world and you just never know who is going to try and do something nice for you. Look after our friends who would give everything just to be able to do once what we can do anytime we want....drive and talk about those Vipers!!!!!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam
Something that wonderful was sent your way and you understand, great post.
I should have taken more time I apologize and will still find a way to take you and your great wife to dinner. You have a sharp Viper but I still think you have a career in the WWF or pro ball.
My Viper went further than I expected but the TNT guys said that they had no doubt. Now it is on to the finals when the sun shines and we can find some time. I got home and the lights went out, feeling great today.
Take care, enjoyed the entire VOI

OP
OP
S

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rohn,

Thank You! I really enjoyed meeting you and next time we will do better. I appreciate you introducing me to the Texas Group, SW, Parshant(spelling??), Nick and many others. A man can never have to many friends....I met so many new friends Vern, John Slaughter, Don (NC), Jeff Snell, Brian Mills, and the list goes on...

Your Viper was awesome but that's what you get when you put a great Team together.

What I really hate is the people I did not get to meet....Clark Stegall, Ron Flemming and so many more...I will do better next time.

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam,

You are a great person and I am glad to know you.I knew that the day I met you at Justin Bell.I didn't get to talk much with you wife but she seems to be a very nice person as well.It was good to see you again.

Enjoy life.

OP
OP
S

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don,

You are the man it was great spending time with you even if it was short but I guess that is why we all have such a special relationship....Angie did have a great time and has already informed Ron that if he intends to go to another VOI he had better buy a Viper because he is not going to get her place ever again.

Let us know if you are ever in our area!

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam,

That's great that Angie had such a great time. My wife Michelle also had a great time and told me she is going to the next VOI as well. I am thrilled. I have been to 4 VOI's, 2 by my self, 1 with my brother and had the best time with my best friend, my wife.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam...

I can't believe that you and I did not get together at VOI!!!!
We have been invited to spend some time with someone(from VOI)at Myrtle Beach so maybe we can connect then.

Great post...stories like that happen to you because of the type of person that you are
smile.gif

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
Clark Stegall

OP
OP
S

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clark,

Try to give me as much notice as you can and I will try to meet up with you there it is only about 4 1/2 hours form here. I look forward to it!

Are you gonna take your Dad to golf capital of the world...some think it is?