Green color oil on Engine bay,

Eduardo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Found few splatered kind of green color oil patches on engine bay. On top of the plastic covering air filters and few other aerias. ??

The rubber hoses seem to have a fade of green color too and all engine aera seems quite greassy ?

Any of the oils whos green?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eduardo.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which kind of antifreeze do you have in the car? If it's the green kind, I suspect it's not oil that you're seeing, but antifreeze. You've obviously got a leak someplace... Make sure that, if you have pets, you don't let them anywhere near your car. They love to drink antifreeze (it smells and tastes sweet), and it will kill them in a very bad way.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Found few splatered kind of green color oil patches on engine bay. On top of the plastic covering air filters and few other aerias. ??

The rubber hoses seem to have a fade of green color too and all engine aera seems quite greassy ?

Any of the oils whos green?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eduardo.

If you can, check get the car on a lift and see where it is coming from and hope it is not the engine oil pan. Good luck.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which kind of antifreeze do you have in the car? If it's the green kind, I suspect it's not oil that you're seeing, but antifreeze. You've obviously got a leak someplace... Make sure that, if you have pets, you don't let them anywhere near your car. They love to drink antifreeze (it smells and tastes sweet), and it will kill them in a very bad way.

A+ response!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
"Green antifreeze" is not the "factory fill" in a Gen III.

German Castrol is green in color...an excellent product with many fans.

You do need to solve this ASAP as mentioned above.

OP
OP
E

Eduardo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for infos guys,

Sorry for the two threads,

Though first one didn't come up.

Eduardo.

OP
OP
E

Eduardo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanks,

Green antifreeze and no pets, few mousses.

Eduardo.

villo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eduardo the antifreeze is part of the problem but by you saying that there is also oil I am afraid that the wrong antifreeze could have caused the oil cooler located on the passenger side of the engine behind the right headlight to break inside and the oil and water containing the antifreeze are mixing together and causeing the water tank of the radiator where the radiator cap is located to overfill and it will cause the water with oil and antifreeze to come out through the bottom of the tank. There should be a hose that is connected to the bottom of the tank and exits through the fender but if the hose is disconected or has a hole this mixture of the antifreeze and oil will fill the engine bay with this mixture of oil water and green antifreezel. You should repair this fast and replace the oil filter of course the oil cooler too and make sure to drain the cooling system and to learn how to take the air out the cooling system or the car will overheat and you might then ruin the engine. The Viper v10 does not like to overheat and you might end up with a ruin engine. To check to see if I am right open the radiator tank when the engine is cold to avoid getting burn and stick your finger in the tank and if you see a mixute of oil and water on your finger I was right if not then of course it would be something else. GOOD LUCK Vince