Green Flag-Buttonwillow Nov 30-Dec1 Who 's Going?

OP
OP
J

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Green Flag-Buttonwillow Nov 30-Dec1 Who \'s Going?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSpeed Racer:
Joe I think I might run on Saturday if John(West Coast Vipers) gets my car fixed in time. Saturday is an off day for me so....it might be a go.

Anyone have a set of Hoosiers I can Borrow?????

Can I get in for only 1 day?

John

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh! Your killin me. I have a set. They will have 5 heat cycles on them right before the relay race. Rears are 17's

This time I get the trophy though!
wink.gif

Joe B (dropping down the list real fast) 01

OP
OP
J

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe B 01:
Ok,

So here 's the list of possible relay race drivers for Sat.

Gavin
Eric
Mike H
Bruce D
Jonathan
Ron W
Ken H
Joe B.
John D

Anybody else or anyone I forgot??

Chime in!!

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

9 Vipers --wow

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

wink.gif

If I remember right I broke my fastest lap on 17's in the rear 1.27.5 if I remember correctly.

And yes the trophy will be presented to you. And I will not be attending Streets so first place is you Baby!!!!

REAL FAST..
smile.gif
smile.gif

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe B 01:
Ahh! Your killin me. I have a set. They will have 5 heat cycles on them right before the relay race. Rears are 17's

wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey "bubble boy" once you get knocked out of the top 5 you can lend Dearing your Hoosiers "again"
supergrin.gif

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eric,

If Elliot decide to do the relay with his 67 Mustang GT1,he will certainly be the fastest car,last time at TH,we were playing together (not racing,open-track)and turning mid 50".

I don't think that Georgalos will do the relay.

Luc.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Whoa, whoa Eric are you saying we will be running Conf. #1 CW during the weekend event (which is what Green Flag told me) and then switching to Conf. #26 CW for the relay race? Don't get me wrong I would prefer to run #26 it's MUCH more Viper friendly with that loooooong straight, are you SURE about this?

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ron:

Georgalis' last words on the subject were: "We should open up the big straight" (for the vipers). I think he thinks the vipers need some help
smile.gif

To be honest, my guess is he's gonna have a look at what shows up and make a decision Saturday. The straight would play well for us.

OP
OP
J

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eric,

For that config without Lost hill is gonna super Fast. You will be Coming out of Riverside at over 105 MPH and hitting the straight should put us over 140-145 MPH easily. From lost hill to Star Mazda,I was hitting 122MPH very easy before hitting the brakes, Stock braekes. No one will have any practice except for the warm up lap.

Well the other way to look at it is, Its not fair to the other Stanges--KUUL!!!!!!!

Joe B

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Competition breakdown

The Weinerdogs:

Dave Murray - Fox body mustang, maybe an 87 GT, White with a custom nose piece, weinerdog captain and probably the best driver of their group. Dedicated track car, 2700lbs, Unconventional style/line, pretty quick, I'm guessing maybe 2:03-04 on config 13 at BW.

Dave Luellen - Fox body mustang, red white and blue, ex-maximum motorsports prototyper/race car. Dedicated track car. The car won an SCCA class with stock 302 motor 3 yrs ago or so. Dave has since shoe-horned a 400+HP motor into the car since then. Probably a 2:05-06

John Liao - wildcard. John is supposed to have a new (old) ex-racecar he's going to show up with. Problem with John stuff is that is rarely running. John is capable of 2:06-07 I'd think with reliable equipment.

John Marello - Ex police LX 5.0 Fox body car, white/yellow/green with a custom nose piece like Murrays. Dedicated track car. John's driving has improved a lot recently but I don't think he's running under 2:10.

Russel - LX 5.0 Fox body car, Red, mostly stock with Kuhmos or some other sticky tires. Russel is a good driver and seems very comfortable on the absolute edge of what his equipment will allow. Street/track car. Probably a 2:10-11

Luellen's wife - She's a good driver and has a 99 or 00 Saleen Supercharged Mustang, street/track car. Probably 2:12

At Thunderhill the Weinerdogs had a 'guest driver' Luc's buddy whose car is the prototype Total Control Products mule. This guy was the fastest on their team at THill, he is capable of &lt;2min on config 13.

Vintage TransAm guys: These guys are the Greenflag organizers and their buddies. The ones of note are:

Kenny Epsman who drives in all kinds of Vintage races. He owns a number (9?) of vintage race cars including the Sunoco #9 69 TransAm championship Camero, a fast car. Kenny is an excellent driver with lots of real, competitive track time. If someone has a shot at passing, he will not concede lightly. Kenny is very capable of sub 2min times.

Jimmy - Usually drives one of the 2 or 3 cars Kenny shows up with at these events. Could be a GT350 or otherwise. Jimmy's claim to fame is he is the only vintage racer that I know who is faster than Kenny. I watched him start a vintage (10 lap) race in July at Laguna and he moved from 19th to 2nd in about 3 laps before breaking. Very fast. You'll note Jimmy's car will be the one with a*s hanging out wide on every turn.

Tom Georgalis - Tom is the Shelby Club Open Tracking Chairman and usually gives the GreenFlag drivers meeting. Tom drives a vintage 66 GT350, and I don't know, I'm guessing he'd run a 2:03-05 on config 13.

Luc, do you know any other Vintage guys who will be running with Tom and Kenny?

Please note we will not be running config 13. For the relay, we will run config 26 clockwise.
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I agree with Luc, we need a good plan. Some of these guys sound awfully fast (I know Epsman is).

Also going from up north are Scot Kenney in his new VRL car (2:03 #13 CCW at the last Viper Days) and possibly Steve Neighbors (from Valaya/Ted May's shop) driving Al Becerra's VRL car.

I was down at Ted May's this morning and came up with some OK tires so I am set (thanks for the offer Bruce).

Let's not get too excited about the possibility of #26 CW, we are really going to have to put together a fast team and drive hard to win this thing.

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Mike,

Don't get sucked into Luc's 'let me lead you around the track plan,' he's just looking to run with the big dogs. I mean if he were any kind of true viper guy, he'd leave the TA car at home and bring his garage queen down to buttonwillow.

Sounds like you're stepping up to offer a plan?

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Eric,

I wasn't necessarily saying I agreed with his plan, just that we need a plan. We should all post any good ideas to develop a plan we are comfortable with and not leave it until Saturday morning.

I like the idea of getting some open track for a few hot laps for everyone in our group. If we do a line up, we ought to try and set it up with the estimated fastest to slowest to minimize passing during these laps. We can do this by picking times from a recent event we were at, estimating lap time reduction due to the addition of mods, tires (adding Hoosiers), etc and line em up. We can do this the first session, adjust for the second session, and pick the team for the relay from there. If we line up in the pits and then stage all together, we can ensure the front and back drivers can hold things up to get some clear track. I'm fine with it if Luc wants to run with us - as long as he doesn't hold any of us up
smile.gif

What are your thoughts?

Regards,

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was going to suggest that Eric would make a good "blocker" but his diet is working and he is quickly becoming a skinny guy.

Any ideas in that regard, what can we do to slow some of these fellas down a bit.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ha, ha, ha yeah right Luc take his Viper to the track, now that's funny. Mike my only plan is to go fast but I'll nominate you as team captain and you can do all the thinkin'. Just make sure those VRL cars are behind me, I don't want them holding me up
supergrin.gif

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Eric's our team captain - I'm just trying to help.

FYI - I was referring to Luc in his T/A holding us up
smile.gif
, not sure he owns a viper.

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Luc has a viper, it's a garage queen though. Well, maybe it's not a garage queen, but it sees no track time. We should all be so lucky, huh Luc, to own dedicated track cars. . .

Gonna take the strategy discussion off line, email to follow.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys,

Be nice to my Viper,she is not a garage queen,but I know her,If I take her to the track,She is going to ask me,no,tell me, that she need a cage,better brakes,racing seat,slicks,etc,and that she don't want to be seen on the road wearing her new track outfit.

So, I am just being smart not letting her smell race fuel.

Luc
00GTS
03 ordered