Green Flag-Buttonwillow Nov 30-Dec1 Who 's Going?

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green Flag-Buttonwillow Nov 30-Dec1 Who \'s Going?

Alright all you Smack Talkin race drivers. Are you all ready for the Relay race-Its getting pretty close.
bounce.gif
Gavin, Eric, Are you guys still going. Anyone else?

At the track the Esses were just made a little straighter and the berms a little wider, its fast. Its the Race # 1 CW Config with Star Mazda. Sunrise to the Sweeper has been repaved.The Bustop to lost hill has also been repaved. Nice and smooth

Are there going to be enough Vipers for a Nor-Cal vs. So-Cal in the Relay race?

How is our Team Captian? Howse the Honey's.

So-Cal Rebell and I have a bet $20 bucks for fastest time that weekend.

John Dearing can not attend and probably no Mumford.

So far I know that these girls are going:

So Cal Rebell AKA Slow Cal Rebell
Redsled AKA Dirtsled
Killer Bee AKA Honey Bee (possible)
Joe B 01 AKA Joe Oh So Fast B 01

We Need Vipers!!

Joe B 01

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Green Flag-Buttonwillow Nov 30-Dec1 Who \'s Going?

Joe, should I bring the "pressure washer" or the tow truck? I know you ordered brakes and deflectors from Woodhouse, but did you forget to order tow hooks?
smile.gif

-Jonathan

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'll be there Saturday only. Why don't we all throw $20 in for the fast time of each day?

Regards,

OP
OP
J

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WCKDVPR:
I'll be there Saturday only. Why don't we all throw $20 in for the fast time of each day?

Regards,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All right its a 20 spot for fastest time of the day. Hey Dirt Sled save your money and buy some go fast parts. Please bring your power washer and Vacumn. You might need it.

I've got Garage # 1 again. I think I am going to paint it to match my car. I spend some much time there I might buy that garage.

All you Viper guys can all pit there. Air-tools, tools, and best of all, Smack talk all day.--Oh yeah close to the bathrooms--best part.

Beware there is gonna be some fast "stangs" there like at T-Hill
We need a fast runner for the relay race to carry the flag. Any olympic sprinters out there. Slow-Cal Rebel is banned from running with the flag unless he wears his Bikini.
rofl.gif

Slow-Cal Rebell 20 spot side bet, Oh Slow Cal, Where are You?

Joe (Faster than Slow Cal Rebell @ BW-Race #1 with Star Mazda) 01

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i'll be there spectating and taking pictures as usual..

Eddie (saving pennies for Redsleds extra viper) N

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe,

I will be there 2.
I am planning to drive on Friday and get to the track early afternoon

Luc.

OP
OP
J

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by luc:

Joe,

I will be there 2.
I am planning to drive on Friday and get to the track early afternoon

Luc.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Luc, Good to hear. What car are you bringing?
I will be there around 4-5:00 on Friday Ive got garage # 1
Maybe we can get together and get some dinner.

Joe b

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe, thanks for resurrecting the thread.

I'm there both days, Hoosier-less unfortunately.

I'm hearing the vintage guys are going to come out to play in their 30+ yr old vintage race cars. They have some pretty d*mn good cars with some pretty potent drivers depending on who shows. Kenny E. and Jimmy could be trouble.

Thanks for the update on the track repair, very cool, it needed it.

Luc, you gonna be driving in the relay or watching?

Mike, any word on Bruce D?

We need to go kick some Ford a*s.

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

**** !!! 20 dollars for the fastest time of the day??? HUMMMM...maybe I will show up... lets see....6 vipers times 20... Hell thats almost half the entry fee.
laugh.gif

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe,

I like to have an unfair advantage so,I'm taking my Roush T/A.
let's meet at the track about 4/5pm and go for dinner after.
At which hotel are you staying?

Eric,

Not sure yet but Elliot is bringing his "new" 67 Mustang GT1 (the Zebra car) and we are planning to give some extra large rear view mirrors to all the drivers in our group!!!!!!!!

Luc.
00GTS

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who's staying in Bakersfield? I believe the Sheraton has a special price for racers at Buttonwillow. Also, Luc I'd like to get a chance to meet you as several fellow Viper owners have mentioned your name. I ran with Joe this past weekend and he's getting pretty fast. We should all get together for dinner in Bakersfield on Friday night. There's several Basque restaraunts in town that I think everyone would enjoy. A pre-race banquet before all the serious racing begins.
smile.gif

-Jonathan

OP
OP
J

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hail[1].gif
Ok Dearing,
Remember you are busy--stay away--get your car fixed.
And stay away from the streets on Dec. 13 so I can win T-5 class. Its ok to come in 2nd place. When I beat wurth in T-5 on Dec 13 that will give me 41 points to your 40 points. He will have 38 if he comes in 2nd. I will win, your in 2nd and Wurth in 3rd. I get a huge trophy and you both get a little hula girls for you dash.

Eric- Our team Captian, good to hear from you. Hows the honey's?

Luc, Dinner it is and I am staying at the Shearton. I'm not stayin at that dump again. For all you race fans--$59 online booking and a free breakfast at the Shearton. Its worth the 30 minute drive to be in civilation. I have the suburban and will give rides to and from the Hotel.

Dirtsled--Yep, dinner and some celebration on Friday night before sat. racing. We need entertaintment on Friday night, Are you gonna line it up for us?

Gavin, Are you lurking out there?

So Cal Rebell aka Slow Cal Rebell,
Do you ever visit over here any more. Your getting slower--Oh maybe I'm getting faster than you. Oh! wait could it be?
death2.gif

Ur Goin down.

Killer Bee aka Honey Bee R U around? R U goin. Please come out and play.

Relay Relay Relay.

Joe (Gotta Qualify for the relay race) B 01

OP
OP
J

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WCKDVPR:

Regards,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Soooo, Is this the same Mike Hxxxxxx who ran BW Sept 6,7 and 8th and turned a 1:59.188 in Unlimited??--Probably on Hoosiers

Like they say there is a sucker born every minute.
eek.gif

If we have enough cars we can do a North vs South. I'll have to re-think that 20 Spot.

Joe B (a Sucker) 01

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I rented out garage #2 so now there is plenty of room to pit ALL the Vipers attending. Joe, I'll let my driving do the talking.

Luc, it'll be good to see ya again but stay out of my way on the track, I don't wanna run you over
supergrin.gif
in that slow car of yours
laugh.gif

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Soooo, Is this the same Mike Hxxxxxx who ran BW Sept 6,7 and 8th and turned a 1:59.188 in Unlimited??--Probably on Hoosiers
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is!
bounce.gif

He is also the same guy who took the fastest naturally aspirated time at the Virginia City hill climb this year, what was it Mike, 3:15? Incredible time (and I think it was his rookie event)
hail[1].gif

The groups don't look big enough for a north vs. south. Are there more lurking out there?

Any word from Bruce D?

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Thanks a lot Eric - spoiled all the fun.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike, I know you engineers are smart guys and all, but didn't you ever learn you need to clue-the-sales-types-in early in the process rather than later . . .? Sorry to blow your cover, but these guys ought to know what they're up against, it's only fair.

Besides, lets not lose sight of the real competitors, the Ford guys!

OP
OP
J

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike,

The Tire shop at BW has your size of Hoosiers. I run 18's in front and 17's on the rear--The Mumford way. They have all the Viper sizes. Ask for Louie on the website and reserve them. After all the shopping I did they end up the same as everybody else mounted and balanced along with convience. After the thrird session swap them out run the new ones on the 4th session and then they will be most excellent for the nex event.

Ahhh! the internet, a vast compilation of info (like Viper Days results with times).
laugh.gif

Eric with all these fast guys are we going to qualify for the relay race. I guess its for the good of the team we may end up the runners.)
patriotx.gif

Joe B

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Joe B,

Thanks for the tire info. Not sure I can swing a set of tires for this event, especially given the fact that they will no longer be allowed in Viper Days (Unlimited) come next year (ONLY Michelins). I think I'll head over to Ted May's shop and see if he has anything decent lying around.

Funny thing that internet .... there were however four Mike's you could have chosen from assuming I ran Viper Days.

Bottom line is we need to go beat the Rustangs! Anyone know what we are up against?

Regards,

OP
OP
J

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe B,

Funny thing that internet .... there were however four Mike's you could have chosen from assuming I ran Viper Days.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, we all remember the
hail[1].gif
fast cars.

The stangs are fast. I was at T-Hill, everywhere I looked there were Stangs. A lot of strictly track cars. The fast stangs are the "Wiener Dogs". Some story about some smack talk is how they got their names. Eric has run before with them he could probably shed some more lite on them.

It a 20 spot to run in the relay race, runners are free. Of course we would all pay 20 bucks to see So Cal Rebell put on his Bikini and run the flag.
emb.gif

I have, as I said before garage # 1 and So Cal has # 2. the Viper Pit

Slow Cal if your out there, its # 2 garage not # 1 as in 2nd place
laugh.gif

Bruce Donaldson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike,

I have 4 extra Goodyear slicks for you--25.5 x 12 x 18 hard compound--so don't worry about those old Hoosiers you've been runnin' way too long...

Ken A. where are you and are you going? What about Chad S? Lemme know...

BTW, I've been up against those fast Pony cars @ a few Greenflag events before: I just love the way they squirm and wiggle from side to side trying to get all their horses to the ground. I always give 'em a thank you wave as I go by!

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I won't be there, and I'm slow, so I realize my vote doesn't count, BUT, you can't collect the top time *** unless you also beat the Mustangs, right?

P.S. I wouldn't worry too much about Mike. He's unlikley to be running in the 1:59's.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys,

If you want to beat the Mustangs,you need to get your act together and have a strategy.
Saturday morning,since we are in the same group (green),we should go out together,hold traffic behing us in the non-passing zone until we get a lot of empty track in front of us and do some fast driving.

Being the fastest guy and driving a Mustang (Even if the only real Mustang parts on the T/A are the tail lights),I will set up the pace and you try to follow me.

Remenber that for the relay, your tires are not going to have enough time to get hot and consequently you should increase
tire pressure by a few # (3 to 4).

Don't spin the tires when you start,it's fun but it cost time and the less you shift on a track,the faster you will be.

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT,DON'T EAT TOO MUCH TURKEY,EXTRA WEIGHT (yes Ron,that apply to you too !!) WILL SLOW YOU DOWN.

Luc.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Joe, yep I'm probably traveling down with that MtHam guy. Sorry about the delay in responding - been busy with.....yep , you guessed it.... the sheep.
Actually my ISP is bleep.bleep.bleep.

I'm still on street tires so will support the quickest 5 for the relay, although would love to have a go.

see you all there
Gavin

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks a lot Eric - spoiled all the fun. That's OK, it should be interesting as my Hoosiers are absolutely dead so I won't be bringing them.
crying.gif

I'm trying to find out for sure if Bruce is going.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

$59 a night at the Sheraton is CHEAP!!!! Yes Joe, dinner on Friday night Basque style and then off to the entertainment! I'm going to start feeding everyone drinks so they'll be too hung over to race, or perhaps the entertainment will take care of it for me. :LOL

-Jonathan

OP
OP
J

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok,

So here 's the list of possible relay race drivers for Sat.

Gavin
Eric
Mike H
Bruce D
Jonathan
Ron W
Ken H
Joe B.

Anybody else or anyone I forgot??

Chime in!!

Joe

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe I think I might run on Saturday if John(West Coast Vipers) gets my car fixed in time. Saturday is an off day for me so....it might be a go.

Anyone have a set of Hoosiers I can Borrow?????

Can I get in for only 1 day?

John

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSpeed Racer:
Joe I think I might run on Saturday if John(West Coast Vipers) gets my car fixed in time. Saturday is an off day for me so....it might be a go.

Anyone have a set of Hoosiers I can Borrow?????

Can I get in for only 1 day?

John

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got an old set in my garage, maybe 17 heat cycles, might be good for 1 track day BUT the rears are 17". IF I don't make the final 5 you can use mine for the relay race.

If you didn't lose so much in Vegas you could of bought a BRAND new set at the track.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte