Greeting from Greece!!!!!!!

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all
Hope everyones having a great summer..Im stuck here in Greece...:D for another two weeks...I just wanted to say I have experienced one of the sickest rides in my life. Nothing to look at but this thing was hooked beyond anything I been in. Local neighbor owns an M6. He said it was pushing 900 horses before he did his european calculations to american horses...I didn't believe it at all until he said lets go for a ride...Im in total shock how well this car performed.Forget the straights but on cornering/WOW!!!! I was also impressed how well the interior seats hugged your body. Any feed backs on the M6? Anyone own one? Anyway have agreat remaining summer to my NY crew!!!

PS- YO D ITS ROCKIN OUT HERE...YOU SHOULD BE HERE BRO...:headbang:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YooooooooooooooooooooooooT!

Looks like another had working summer for you brother. LOL

Make sure you're back for our next Karting day. Wouldn't be the same without you.

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott!!!!!!!!!!!

We are trying to keep safe now.This is my last post..Getting th kids ready and we are leaving trhe house.Massive fires....I pray my house dont burn...Left the water lines on, wet all the green outside near are house and leaving..Say a prayer for me brother..This is no joke...Greece is burning!!!!

take care!!!!!!!!!!!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dayum Tony! I didn't realize how bad it really was.

ANCIENT OLYMPIA, Greece - Massive fires consuming large areas of southern Greece for a third day raced toward the site of the ancient Olympics on Sunday, engulfing villages and forests as the flames reached one of the most revered sites of antiquity.

At least 57 people have been killed in the country's worst wildfires in decades, including five who died Sunday in a new blaze on the island of Evia and a woman whose body was found in a village near Ancient Olympia. There were fears the death toll could rise as new fires broke out and strong winds pushed flames through villages and hamlets.
"It's hell everywhere," said Costas Ladas, who said the fire covered more than a mile in three minutes. "I've never seen anything like it."
By sea and by land, authorities evacuated hundreds of people trapped by flames in villages, hotels and resorts. A large front of fire was just at the edge of the village of Ancient Olympia, which stands near the 2,800-year-old site itself. Police blocked roads, and firefighting planes flew overhead. "The winds are so strong that I don't know whether the site's sprinkling system will stop it," said Costas Sofianos, deputy mayor of Ancient Olympia. Although the sprinkler system was activated, not all of it appeared to be functioning. The fire department said some trees at the sprawling site had burned, but that the museum was safe. The ancient stadium and other monuments were so far unaffected. In the early morning, church bells rang out in nearby Kolyri as residents gathered their belongings and fled through the night. Villagers returned to find at least seven gutted houses. Fotis Hadzopoulos, a resident, said the evacuation was chaotic. "Children were crying, and their mothers were trying to comfort them, " he said.
The worst of Greece's fires — 42 major fronts — were concentrated in the mountains of the Peloponnese in southern Greece and on Evia north of Athens. New fires also broke out Sunday in the central region of Fthiotida — one of the few areas that had been unscathed, fire department spokesman Nikos Diamandis said. Arson has been blamed in several cases, and seven people have been detained. Although a temporary drop in the ferocity of high winds early in the morning provided brief respite in Ancient Olympia, they intensified later in the day. "Unfortunately the improvement that we were looking for is not there," Diamandis said. "Our target is for the fire not to enter Ancient Olympia, not to destroy antiquities." The Culture Ministry said "all means are being used, and all necessary measures have been taken" to save the site, and that the army had been called in to create a fire break. The fire blazed into the nearby village of Varvasaina, destroying several houses. As residents rushed to battle the flames, others, stunned, walked the streets holding their heads in their hands. Across the country, churchgoers prayed for the blazes to abate. "Fires are burning in more than half the country," Diamandis said. "This is definitely an unprecedented disaster for Greece."

Elsewhere, flames were less than two miles from the Temple of Apollo Epikourios, a 2,500-year-old monument near the town of Andritsaina in the southwestern Peloponnese, said the town's mayor, Tryphon Athanassopoulos. "We are trying to save the Temple of Apollo, as well as Andritsaina itself," he told Greek television. A separate blaze had abated Sunday in Kalyvia, an area between Athens and the ancient site of Sounion to the south. Nearly 1,000 soldiers, backed by military helicopters, reinforced firefighters stretched to the limit. In the ravaged mountain villages in the Peloponnese, rescue crews on Saturday picked through a grim aftermath that spoke of last-minute desperation as the fires closed in. Dozens of charred bodies have been found across fields, homes, along roads and in cars, including the remains of a mother hugging her four children.
At least 12 countries were sending reinforcements, and six water-dropping planes from France and Italy joined operations Sunday. The worst-affected region was around the town of Zaharo, south of Ancient Olympia. Thick smoke, which blocked out the summer sun, could be seen more than 60 miles away. The blaze broke out Friday and quickly engulfed villages, trapping dozens of people and killing at least 37. Scores of people were treated in hospitals for burns and breathing problems. The government, which has declared a nationwide state of emergency, announced Sunday it would offer up to $13,000 to people who lost relatives or property.

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey buddy I know you are going crazy,if there is anything on this end you need help with or something you need please don't hesitate to call or email.Stay safe my friend
please if you can let us know how you'r doing

Russ

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys just got in..Thank god for lap tops and hotels...The house was not touched...I have pictures I took of the fire as it was about a mile away before I decided time to get out!!! I cant explain to you what a forrest fire looks like.. I seen ple ty of fires but thats concentrated in one area..This actuallywas weird..Imagine fires all around and you don't know which road to take...It is so disorienting.You have no clue because the thickeness of the smoke.. This entire experience makes me feel so lucky to live in the USA..Really.I feel so bad for the people who passed away..61 alreay...These fires were all arson related. Nothing was an accident.All set by Aholes who wanna kill the tourism here...The fires are still continueing now.In different places...The smell thats here now..Ashes falling on your head from the sky..MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE THE END OF THE WORLD..VERY STRANGE...Thanks guys..Hope to see you soon...

Tony

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sounds horrible Tony. Very glad to here you got home ok.
Thanks for posting, there were a lot of people worring about you.
Dave

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dave....I'm out on my balcony...Taking pics of the sky.Usually thye skies are blue.TThe suns out but with this heavy reddish look to it..Like a bad haze looming over ...Anyway thanks for all your concers,. Really means alot...:2tu:

Tony

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
glad to hear you're ok and the house is ok. IM sure that scary. i hope never to deal with something like that.

post some pics when ya can

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo Tony,

Glad you came out on top and all is well!:2tu:

Back to your original post:
I had an '88 M6, the last year they made the car until now and I loved that car, I can only imagine what the new one was like!

Hey, please tell me your not playing paintball in Greece:omg:

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey whats up!!! No paintball..I wish...Its been a great vacation until these past three days..The govt just offered 1.4 million dollars to catch the people who are doing this. Most