Group buy on Porter Cables????? Who wants one???

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am real close to getting the deal put together for the Porter Cable group purchase. I dont have a price nailed down yet, because it will depend on how many I order. Obviously the more I order, the cheaper it is going to be. The package will include a new PC7336SP and a 6" hook & loop backing plate.

My target is still $100. so the range now would be $99 - $115. Possibly less if I get enough people interested. I am offering this to anyone and everyone to get the price as low as I can.

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I am interested in purchasing one. This is one of the best buffer's around isn't it?

Regards,

Dave

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check into A.W. Meyer Company in Ridgefield Park ,NJ. one of the largest electric tools sellers around period.

they can see to YOU cheaper than I can buy from the MFG.

201-945-5500 i think is the number.

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I am interested in purchasing one. This is one of the best buffer's around isn't it?

Regards,

Dave

Yes :) And there's the hookup, right above! This place is awesome!!!

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
got one,
I am interested but I have the same question. Is the PC7336SP and a 6" hook & loop backing plate better than the 7424 Car Buffer & Polisher? Thanks, Trinh

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also bought coastal 7424 6" polisher bonus kit for $119. The polisher carrying case for $19.95 is nice also (part # merr 33) and it would also help to buy some extra polishing pads (port 54745) which cost $8.95 each.

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, perhaps I can get a group buy going there as well and see if they can get a better rate.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald - do you have any pointers on using PC? Obviously, last thing I want is to create more swirl marks. I am planning to use PC with my 3M swirl remover to get rid of the swirls. Do you typically use it to remove wax as well?

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you typically use it to remove wax as well?

You can use liquid Dawn dish detergent. From the Zainobros Website.
I would definitely recommend you remove the wax buildup on your paint. Just use Liquid Dawn (hand dishwashing liquid) as a car wash. It has a high alkaline content which cuts right thru carnauba wax, paraffin, silicone oils, etc. This will get your paint finish squeeky clean and wax free.

Regards,

Dave
01 RT/10 :usa:

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave - sorry for confusion. what I meant was to buff out wax using Portal Cable. I guess my question is do you use the buffer to wax on and wax off :)

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
still getting folks interested. The more I get...the lower the price seems to go. I should have an update here next week...keep replying though, the more the better.

Tropi-Care Chris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for my delay in replying. finally got approval to post.

The group purchase is coming along well. I am in the process of trying to get the lowest price possible. I am talking directly to Porter Cable to make the purchase directly from the factory. Sorry this is taking more time than I wanted. What you would be getting is a Porter Cable 7336sp + 6" hook & loop backing plate. We designed our Foam pads specifically for this buffer.

I am waiting for a return call from PC now, and should have this deal wrapped up soon. Please send me a PM if you have specific questions.

Thanks,

Chris

Tropi-Care Chris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald - do you have any pointers on using PC? Obviously, last thing I want is to create more swirl marks. I am planning to use PC with my 3M swirl remover to get rid of the swirls. Do you typically use it to remove wax as well?

The Orbital polisher's like the Porter Cable will not swirl your paint. That is what makes them so good to use.

I recommend using the PC to apply the polish/wax, as it will spread an even and thin coat to the entire painted surface. It will also extend the life of the polish by only using enough to get the job done, very little waste.

You can use the PC to remove as well, I sell a microfiber bonnet, that was designed to fit over our foam pads for removal.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Tropi-Care Chris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
got one,
I am interested but I have the same question. Is the PC7336SP and a 6" hook & loop backing plate better than the 7424 Car Buffer & Polisher? Thanks, Trinh

The 7424 and 7336sp are almost identical. Visually you cant tell the difference. I actually have one of each for my personal use, and I cant tell which one I am using. They were both designed for the 6" backing plate, and that is the important part.

Chris

Tropi-Care Chris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have learned a lot on how price fixing is accomplished.

Here is what I was able to put together.

Basic Kit:
PC7336sp w/ 6" hook & loop backing plate for $119.00
3-pc Foam Pad set-(orange,yellow & black) $24.63
6" backing plate only $17.95
2-pack TC-M7 microfiber bonnets $5.99

Tax and shipping extra.

The PC buffer is one of the best investments you can make to keep your paint looking its best.

Let me know if you are interested.

Chris

Vintage Racer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I missed something here. Got One started this thread and now Tropi-Care Chris is the one quoting a price on a group buy.

Who is running a group buy. Both of you? Or are you the same guy posting under two different names?

Help!