Group buy on Valentine 1 radar detectors?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone is intrested in seeing if we can get a group buy together for the Valentine 1 radar detectors. I'm going to take the plunge and buy myself one. So i figured i'd ask. I'll set it up IF there are a few people who want to try it? Let me know if your serious about buying now.

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bought one about 4 months ago, really thought the arrows would be stupid and didnt see it working that much better than my whistler remote mount. Was wrong on both, arrows are the best thing ever, have saved me a few times from cops coming up on the rear, and distance is probably twice that of my whistler. Now that i have one, id never buy anything other than a valentine one. If they do offer a discount, i might be interested in buying a second one.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah no go, i just called then and asked. What a crock! BUT i did buy myself one lol.
This radar detector better be awesome for $404.00!!

You will not regret it. I have been using one for 4 yrs now and it is THE best.

BradH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love mine too - they're well worth $400. I'd probably buy one again even if they raised the price to $600! Other detectors just don't compare to the V1 in real world use.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah no go, i just called then and asked. What a crock! BUT i did buy myself one lol.
This radar detector better be awesome for $404.00!!

the next question will be how to do a hardwire install :)
this has been covered many times before ;)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful how you mount your radar detectors. I once had mine on a visor mount. Punching the Viper would fling it into the back hatch.

Calif has banned suction cup mountings for any accessories.

My Valentine works great. Wonderful comfort on long cruises. Must have for going to VOI's.

RedOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used and owned them all... The V1 is the best PERIOD. Other claim greater rangem but they false like crazy... Love the arrows....

Now, time to hard wire it....

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$404 is ONE ticket. + insurance

if you drive over the speed limit regularly you must have a valentine one.

Since i bought my first valentine i have saved myself 30+ tickets (((at least))) over the years.

in CA all you need is KA band, you can program the valentine one only to display KA.

this detector is a MUST HAVE. i don't know how i ever drove without it.... oh yea, i do.. i have my old pre-valentine scarred driving record to remind me how i did without it.

don't think twice. its worth every single penny.

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love My V1
Absolutely the best.
I have had one almost since the first one was released, and currently own 2. It will blow your mind to see how much they bring on eBay. I stopped trying there because a used one sells for so much, might as well buy a new one from Valentine.
The front, rear, and side detection is a life saver. Takes the guess out.
My only complaint. It needs auto-mute.
Alan

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two of them and would agree with all of the above praise. My first one was a few years old so I sent it in to be "updated". What I got in return was a brand new unit (thinner than my old one) and it cost $180 some dollars. It had 3 sets of suction cups, 2 or 3 wires, 2 visor mounts, etc. They are a first class company in my book.

Bob K

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The company does not give discounts but there is no finer detector on the market and well worth the $400 skins. By the way, if you have one and want to make sure it is up to date, go to their web sit and you can enter your serial no. on the back of the unit. It will immediately tell you if your unit has the latest mods.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, so with all this praise for the V1, what about the k40 calibre ? How does it compare? It has a number of features the v1 doesnt. Just curious if anyone has tried both?

I'm looking to buy one, and want to make a smart and informed decision.

Thanks,

Jon

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jon, the k40 is a front and rear mount system. it works under the same principal of the valentine one but the sensors are mounted on the front & rear bumpers with the brain in the cockpit.

the only advantage of the k40 over the valentine is the better laser detection.

BUT if you live in a state that uses laser heavily, you need a diffuser system NOT a detector if your hit with laser its already too late you have a ticket, there is only one diffuser system worth a hoot. its Blinder from www.blinder.net http://www.blinder.net/m_twin.html this system gives you 100% evasion from laser. I dont need it yet in CA because CA doesnt use laser (not approved yet). I can't wait for CA to change from KA to Laser. The day they do, ill have 0 worries. right now when KA goes off, i need to slow down.

in conclusion, k40 is = to the valentine but it requires a more complicated install & the only advantage to me is the more accurate laser detection which is useless anyway.

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How about the arrows that point which direction the man is hitting you From. That made my the difference for me.

Robert

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they would be of much use in the UK, given the police usually get you with lasers there? I'd buy one to take back to the UK with me if so.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they would be of much use in the UK, given the police usually get you with lasers there? I'd buy one to take back to the UK with me if so.

they work great in the UK and Europe (illegal to use in France) but there are plans by the government here to ban such equipment, the V1 tells you by not flashing/bleeping which speed cameras are not working. Which means if you see a camera ahead you dont need to slow down

They are trying to make only GPS detectors legal, they will go off if there is a speed camera ahead, not if it is turned on/off. Speed cameras in the UK arent turned on all the time, they are switched on/off at random times and days so even if your local to a camera without a detector you cant tell whether its working

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
But in the Highlands there are NO premanent speed cameras (at least that was the case a couple of years ago). I'm more concerned about 'Robby the Bobby' in this patrol car and speed gun. Any ideas...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang