Grundy Insurance

wcollera

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone used Grundy Insurance.....I did a quote and it was only 850 for the viper valued it at 60k too with that maximum libailities and etc. Anyone know of anyting better?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are other companies doing this, Haggerty is probably Grundys biggest competitor. They are prety much the same. Great deal AND agreed value. One caveat...you are prohibited from EVER taking it to work with either.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No rally's or track time ever period allowed.Mention track or driving school on a track and they won't even send the paperwork. Bruce

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most insurance carriers will now deny your track aka:Drving School claims. Better double check with your current insurance carrier now before you eat a wall and expect them to pay, things have recently began to change in this regard.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not true, they will cover any collector car based on the same parameters as an older car, low mileage, no trips to work, garged etc. Or at least they would a year ago when I got a quote. The one caveat was I got a quote for 2 cars, my old Vette and the Viper, they did not say they were allowing the Viper due to the first car, but you never know. They actually sold me real ******* insuring the Viper with them. Times may have changed.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went through their web site and got a quote for just over $1000 for my 03 SRT. Insured for $70,000. No big saving there --- in fact, costs more than State Farm. I was expecting much bigger shavings.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno.... I broker their insurance and the underwriters have told my staff that they will not bind coverage on any vehicle that is not at least 20 years old.....

I am gonna check again tomorrow, but that was taken directly from the Hagerty underwriter as late as one month ago when my buddy wanted a quote on his 1987 Porsche 930.

Underwriting guidelines change...... and you cannot always bank on the fact that you received a quote.... underwriting guidelines rule.

I'll be checking in the morning.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I told Haggerty that I went to a road course 1-2 times per year just as a tune up of my old skills.Didn't drive the car 10/10 just did some sliding around at 8-9/10 taking out the wife,kids nephews,nieces etc.I told them I did not expect them to cover me out there.They said they would not issue me any policy period when they found out the car might be track driven.So I said how about a TSD rally that I have been going to for over 25 years.This TSD rally is for kids at a school for the blind and the navigator reading brail is of course blind and thrilled to touch,feel,be in,listen to, any type sports car.Again No coverage no policy.Grundy pretty much the same.I plainly pointed out that this was not a competetion,I was not racing,The blind school was a charity event.NO coverage offered.I supposed I could have lied,but I said screw them. Bruce