GTO and Honda CBR 600

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question what does a 04 GTO and a Honda cbr 600 have in common. They both got their butt kicked this week by my viper. First bike I have raced. I think the guy about craped his pants when I pulled away in 3rd and was long gone in 4th.

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I slayed a similar bike a few weeks ago.

It was totally no competition with the bike, I was disapointed in the bike :( I used to smoke Harleys w/my stangs, but I expected this to be a totally different deal.

Gotta go for liter bikes I guess :)

Cal

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You got to watch out for those 600's, they can be brutal. May 2005 Cycle World, p. 48, tells how you can take a stock 600, make minor mods for $200 and run in the 9's!!! The bikes they used were the Kaw ZX-6R and Yam YZF-R6. They were running 9.9's at 135mph. It would take some major mods on a Viper to beat those kind of numbers.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hehe bike magazine numbers tend to be HIGHLY exagerrated. The average rider isn't going to put down the numbers that the magazine guy is going to. Every article I have ever seen has either a professional drag rider or at least like an editor riding. Joe Shmoe isn't going to be anywhere near that. That "9.9 second" bike you mention is like a 11 or 12 second bike for the normal person.

EDIT: Not to mention that the average person isn't going to ride a Busa or ZX12R into the 9's in stock trim....unlike what basically every article would suggest.

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran my buddys 2005 GTO the other day and smoked him bad.I pulled a few cars in first and when I hit second it was like he had hit his breaks I pulled away so fast.

Patrick Mathias.

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
and this somehow is news worthy?
There is a long list of cars that will beat the GTO.
Go down to the Pontiac dealer and tell the salesman you want one so you can race Vipers. When the roaring laughter subsides hand him the check.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good kill!!!! You put that 90hp bike in it's place!
nonetheless, he destroyed a bike and his ego..

Can you say O W N E D ?

whaaaaa a car beating a bike??? Now leave the Hayabusas to me.. ::

G

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's kind of speculation as to whether the guy on the 600 had an ego. That's an entry level, slow, easy to ride sportbike. Now maybe he does have an ego, but I think as you go up in size bike, so does the size ego generally.

This thread is making me miss my CBR900RR. That was a great bike. It wasn't fast as 900 of today's terms, but would beat my Viper, and was comfortable. Mine had 116 RWHP, which is not much better than a 600 of today.

OP
OP
O

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes it was only a 600 but he had all type of racing stickers on it and he thought he was somthing. I thought he might pull away but when I hit 3rd it was over. It is still awesome for a car to be bike no matter what. Just have to love the power of a viper. Oh and the GTO is a long story but I wanted to see in person how bad he would lose and it was bad very bad.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 and 2nd they'll take ya depending on the cc of the bike, 600, 750, 1000 or 1300. 3rd is reel in gear and 4th it's history. From a stop I dont argue they'll beat ya, but from a roll or from a stop past 3rd or 4th it's pull and pass time.. ;)

Gerald

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do I feel a "What is faster, a 12R or Busa?" debate coming....

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they both have less hp AND more weight then the new R1 or GSXR 1000 thats funny suzuki's liter bike is faster then their 1300 busa who made that choice??

busa will beat the gsxr1000 in top speed by 4 Mph but by that time the Gsxr would be so far ahead it wouldent not even matter.

R1 the Raven edition has 186Hp at only 379 pounds

Busa has 167Hp and weights 488 pounds

GRXR has 176Hp and weights 388 pounds

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At 200 RWHP stock, it should be pretty peppy, regardless of whatever weight it is.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I now own a Yamaha, I'm still a Kawasaki fan having owned the venerable ZX11 for a long time. The ZX14 has whetted my appetite and I'm waiting for the magazine tests.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran my buddys 2005 GTO the other day and smoked him bad.I pulled a few cars in first and when I hit second it was like he had hit his breaks I pulled away so fast.

Very heavy cars- high 13's in the QTR. I ran one in my Lexus GS (with intk/exhaust mods) a few weeks ago and he had nothing on me.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no they also sell/service kawasaki's there, he said alot of people are saying it will be over 200Bhp but the on their spec sheets for the sales dept it says 200Bhp.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it amusing that of all people, it is YOU that is debating dyno numbers. You're the most notorious bench dyno speculator on this message board.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
were talking STOCK #'s here, they are a dealer they are getting spec sheets on the incoming bikes its not me its straight from kawasaki. so go argue with them about their own bike #'s

Got-Busa?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hehe bike magazine numbers tend to be HIGHLY exagerrated. The average rider isn't going to put down the numbers that the magazine guy is going to. Every article I have ever seen has either a professional drag rider or at least like an editor riding. Joe Shmoe isn't going to be anywhere near that. That "9.9 second" bike you mention is like a 11 or 12 second bike for the normal person.

EDIT: Not to mention that the average person isn't going to ride a Busa or ZX12R into the 9's in stock trim....unlike what basically every article would suggest.

I would agree with you about the 600's because of the lack of TQ they are very hard to launch. However, your statment about a Busa couldn't be farther from the truth. I ran 9.9's @ 142 on my bike bonestock and am no where close to a professional rider. A friend of mine that had never even been to the track on a bike before ran a 10.2 @ 137 on his third pass.

It's just a lot harder than people think since traction, weather, and wheelies are such a problem. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang