Gts Gas Cap Cover??

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a extra one that was included when I purchased my gts, it has some minor oxidation that can be polished out. the guy i bought my gts off of said the new gas cover he put on cost over $500 not sure if that included installation or not. i couldnt believe he just didnt re-polish it :dunno: what do you guys think is a fair value for this is?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not everyone thinks that the MGW cap is an improvement. Some like it and some don't. There is certainly nothing wrong with the stock cap.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a thread a year or two ago that detailed nicely how to polish (what grits to use, tricks for the corners etc). My guess is that most people who replace their pitted ones have great intentions to polish them up and sell them, but once you get the new one on, polishing the old one becomes a pretty low priority so you're likely to find mostly pitted take-offs.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
R&J Distributing. I happen to like/prefer the stock gas cap, and just got a re-chromed one from R&J, looks perfect. Once it stops monsooning from TS Nicole, I'll install it and return my core and you can buy mine from them ;)

OP
OP
L

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I'm not a big fan of the MGW. I like the stock cap. I've been e-mailing with R&J about the chrome option and plan to either go that route or try black anodizing a stock cap.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone would prefer this:
You must be registered for see images attach

to this:
You must be registered for see images attach

If anyone wants to purchase my stock gas cap, let me know... no rain, 7k miles, no pitting...b

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a lot of the MGW interior pieces in my GTS and they look great there. One of the reasons I bought a GTS is because like most things great the car draws on inspirations from great predecessors like the Daytona Cobra and other vintage race cars. The stock gas cap keeps that aspect of the car's character intact IMO.

You must be registered for see images

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sometimes, less is more and that apply to the gas cap.
franklly if the viper logo was etched/engraved in to the cap it would be a different story but the way it is sticking out , il look like a wart.
Make me think of the fake vent ports or fake caliper cover sold on ebay.
Don't worry its only my opinion and if you like it, it's all that matter

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MGW way to blingy for me and there are enough sneaky petes on the car as it is stock non chromed for me although my car is wearing a chrome one at the moment.I have two extra stock caps if you cant find one

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MGW way to blingy for me and there are enough sneaky petes on the car as it is stock non chromed for me although my car is wearing a chrome one at the moment.I have two extra stock caps if you cant find one

You and me both. Just never liked the way they look, but I like wings on Vipers too so *** do I know?

If everyone liked the same things, all of these cars would look the same and the world would be boring. I say if you bought it, do what you want to it. I just think it is rude as hell to rip another guys car because it isn't what "you" like.:)

But it doesn't stop people from doing it on ALL of these forums.

Ron