GTS-Rs return to classic Oreca livery

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool to go back to the old color scheme. Maybe they will run white with blue stripes if they go back to Le Mans.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THIS was such great news and the awesome red/white scheme should have been done from the start on the GTSR over those boring colors You bring back the winning number (91) then bring back the winning colors too. Well done finally.

Soul4Survivor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG i haven't been following the new Racing series. Whats it call again? but Yesss so many memories of that team from 2000

Question? just heard the Video so now the Viper is call Dodge Viper again not SRT ?? WHAT Please answer as im lost :(

SRT Dodge Viper or just Dodge viper again?

Soul4Survivor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THIS was such great news and the awesome red/white scheme should have been done from the start on the GTSR over those boring colors You bring back the winning number (91) then bring back the winning colors too. Well done finally.
Don't understand what does bringing back the number and color have to do with winning back then and now? only cause back then it was a french team that was running the team Oreca program.. last time i checked a american team has never had success with the viper in the le man series. or whats it call now.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it. Learn the history. I think it is a way to say Dodge is the brand and stepping up.

crimson11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a bad ass car, that's got its nuts half cut off to race in the series. Personally I wouldn't change colors, engineering is what wins races not paint schemes.

Soul4Survivor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a bad ass car, that's got its nuts half cut off to race in the series. Personally I wouldn't change colors, engineering is what wins races not paint schemes.
Yup. Sadly right now in the 6hrs at glen and there running last again

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. Sadly right now in the 6hrs at glen and there running last again
And the Glen is over with the Vipers finishing second and third in class for a podium. Needed just one more lap due to caution to pass Garcia possibly for the win. Bomarito said he likes the colors better and the fans told him the same. Cant wait to get close up again at COTA and the 24 of Daytona with these awesome new colors. Will they ever repeat the Vipers past success? Probably not as their competition has really come a long way since 2000.

Soul4Survivor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the Glen is over with the Vipers finishing second and third in class for a podium. Needed just one more lap due to caution to pass Garcia possibly for the win. Bomarito said he likes the colors better and the fans told him the same. Cant wait to get close up again at COTA and the 24 of Daytona with these awesome new colors. Will they ever repeat the Vipers past success? Probably not as their competition has really come a long way since 2000.
Yea i was cursing the two drivers that crashed at the 10 minute mark :mad: if it wasn't for that i do believe the viper would had passed the vette.

Soul4Survivor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry for my double quote. but just wanna add that yes lets not forget that the corvette team is the same team that was running against Team Oreca back in the late 90s.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I found the new colors nice as a fan watching the race. Easier to pick them out than the old siver, they just kind of blended in. I think one of the announcers made a good point that the silver looks good on the car when it's sitting there, but once you put it on the track it kind of disappears some. The red stands out much better.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry for my double quote. but just wanna add that yes lets not forget that the corvette team is the same team that was running against Team Oreca back in the late 90s.
Unfortunately the GM Corvette team kept running all these years while the Viper was out and gained a ton of experience and engineering gains.

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone starts somewhere. Relatively, Canaska / Southwind took time to become competitive as well, podiums at this stage are phenominal! Well done to SRT for reinventing the GTS-R program, I love following the Vipers on the big stage once again. Next step, Le Mans.

RH.

Soul4Survivor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again Vipers finished 2-3 with that damn vette team beating us again. but a good thing did come out Ben Keating won his first race with that team.

Funny to see a gt-3 viper win a race before the factory ones do

sunsalem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again Vipers finished 2-3 with that damn vette team beating us again.
Wittmer's off-road plowing pretty much ended their hopes for the day.

but a good thing did come out Ben Keating won his first race with that team
Nice to see ViperExchange take home a win for Team Viper.:2tu:

Funny to see a gt-3 viper win a race before the factory ones do
GTLM is a WAY more sophisticated and competitive class in the TUDOR Series.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was happy with that finish. First for the #33 in GTD, second and third for our ALMS cars. All Vipers on the podium, good day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper