GTS sound system installed!!

97 GTS BL/WH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sound system complete! I am very happy with the install. I came up with the concept of what I wanted the system to look like and Car Toys installed it. Yes I lost my spar tire, but I figure I would call for a tow even if I did get a flat.

Here's what I put in:
Radio is a Pioneer - DEH 9800BT
Front Speakers - JL Audio ZR650CSI
Amp - JL Audio 450/4
Sub - Jl Audio 10 W6

Picture_0052.jpg

Picture_003.jpg

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Nice!

I'm looking to redo my radio this winter as well - who made the custom box for you? I was looking into JL speakers and amp and a Pioneer head unit (not a flip up version however) - you setup looks like it is right down my alley. Were you happy with Car Toys? I'm in Houston - maybe I could drive to Keller and they could do a similar install? :)

OP
OP

97 GTS BL/WH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Nice!

I'm looking to redo my radio this winter as well - who made the custom box for you? I was looking into JL speakers and amp and a Pioneer head unit (not a flip up version however) - you setup looks like it is right down my alley. Were you happy with Car Toys? I'm in Houston - maybe I could drive to Keller and they could do a similar install? :)

I was very happy with Car Toys, I got the work done at the North Richland Hills talk with Juan 817-595-9410. The only thing that happened was they got a spec of fiberglass on the fender, I took it to my paint and body guy and he got it off without any problem. The most important thing is that they stood behind the install and told me to they would take care of any charges to get it fixed, even though I did not get charged I think they would have taken care of it.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realize that the spare tire is required/part of the cars structural integrity. Your safety is compromised if you get rear ended. I am assuming you know this and don't care but just in case you didn't I figured I would let you know.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realize that the spare tire is required/part of the cars structural integrity. Your safety is compromised if you get rear ended. I am assuming you know this and don't care but just in case you didn't I figured I would let you know.

I thought that the spare helped keep the rear decklid from coming through the rear window (and into the head or neck of the driver and passenger) in case of a rear end collision on RT/10s. The lack of a spare should not have detrimental effect on a GTS.

DrDJ

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that the spare helped keep the rear decklid from coming through the rear window (and into the head or neck of the driver and passenger) in case of a rear end collision on RT/10s. The lack of a spare should not have detrimental effect on a GTS.

DrDJ

I seem to recall a recent thread saying just that. On an RT/10, yes the spare in an integral crash component. Not on a GTS.

But on the GTS it is however an integral component of how inconvenient a flat is w/o a spare...

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spare Tire Removal Issue

JonB confirmed for me that the spare tire is not part of the safety features for the GTS. Jason

It may not be necessary but it doesn't hurt. It just depends on what type of tradeoff and/or risk you're willing to take. I'm sure it does add some additional stiffness and protection in a rear end collision.

ViperBrockway

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live in Willow Park Texas (about 20 min from Keller) and am starting to look at getting a system for my 1997 GTS. If you don't mind me asking what was the total price for the system you got installed at car toys?

OP
OP

97 GTS BL/WH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Willow Park Texas (about 20 min from Keller) and am starting to look at getting a system for my 1997 GTS. If you don't mind me asking what was the total price for the system you got installed at car toys?

Your best bet is to give them a call, but figure around 4k + - depending on the components you want

bvk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice install. I have a corner molded 8" sub in my GTS, not quite as pretty, but I still have the spare and can fit a set of clubs in there :) still more bass that that small cabin can really use

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice install. I have a corner molded 8" sub in my GTS, not quite as pretty, but I still have the spare and can fit a set of clubs in there :) still more bass that that small cabin can really use

But you blocked your vents right? :nono:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang