GTS Targa Top?

Do you think having the option to buy a GTS as a Targa Top would've been a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually just commented on another thread in regards to this. I've always wondered what a GTS Targa Top Convertible would look like? I mean, I obviously have an idea since it would just have part of the roof removed so it's kind of obvious, but in reality it would still be interesting to see. It would still somewhat be a true GTS with removable hardtop, but the option to have the open air driving experience as well. The way the GTS is styled, I'm not so sure how it would look, but I believe if it was designed well, it could work. I was going to photo shop it, but I'm doing a few things at work.

Has anyone else ever thought about it? Several cars are built that way including Corvettes, Certain Ferrari such as the F355 and of course the Supra to name a few. I dunno, I'm at work and I was thinking about it so I thought I would post to see what everyone else thought? I'm sure some of you will be 100% against it haha. Who knows, maybe it would look bad, but I've never seen an actual prototype built so I'm somewhat intrigued of the thought of one.

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Viper GTS Indy 500 pace cars had "sunroofs" cut outs. Looked great. The double bubble roof really popped visually with the cut out.

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can you add t-tops to the choices, :eater:

would a targa top fit in the cargo area :dunno:

I don't believe I can edit the poll at all once it's been created. However, I WAS NOT referring to an actual T-Top as shown in the picture below..

You must be registered for see images

I WAS mainly referring to the wide open look like the RT/10 and as shown in the Bugatti Veyron below:

And yes, I would imagine the Targa top would fit in the cargo area if the car was designed properly. There is definitely enough trunk space in the GTS for the designers to work with if they had to redesign the trunk area for the removable hard top.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
However, I WAS NOT referring to an actual T-Top as shown in the picture below..

I WAS mainly referring to the wide open look like the RT/10 and as shown in the Bugatti Veyron below:

And yes, I would imagine the Targa top would fit in the cargo area if the car was designed properly. There is definitely enough trunk space in the GTS for the designers to work with if they had to redesign the trunk area for the removable hard top.

yeah, i've owned both,

the t-tops weren't all that bad - 1/2 the weight, good overhead lighting, easy to stow in the trunk, etc.

if the targa top can't fit or has to be too small so it does fit in the trunk then .....

anyway,

thanks for the reply

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn't exactly what I was envisioning, but I'd be very interested in seeing other pictures of it. Do you have any actual photos of the car with the top removed?

Someone may have photos of the Pace Car on race day with the top removed. I believe this picture was taken of the car at the Connor Ave plant where it used to reside. Don't know if it is still there.

RevHeat may have a pic with the roof out.

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have any other pictures of it? I'm guessing you did that yourself or had a shop customize it for you?

or did a photoshop job... notice the building in the back does not have very straight lines and a light, and another light, and then a half light?

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, just get an RT.

That doesn't really doesn't make much sense and would probably just look like a chop job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62