Guaging life on Kuhmo's?

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought some new Kuhmo's and SSR's from Jon B at the beginning of the year. I have been using them strictly for track events. So far I've used them on four track days. I've ran them for 5 sessions each day approximately. I've probably never run them very hard as I'm a total :newbie:.
I am showing some definite wear on the left front as the track I've run most often is predominantly right hand turns.

1) The question is how long I should expect these tires to last in terms of track days?
2) How do I guage the tread wear and/or tire wear?
3) Is there a certain number of heat cycles that I should limit the tires to?
4) What else am I missing?

All help is appreciated.

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is not a correct answer to that question becasue drivers and driving style will greatly vary the life of an r-compound tire .... so, run 'em until you see cords

JRB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am running Kuhmos on my 05 on our local track which is concrete (old airport). I get 90 miles a day of track time and I am doing good to get 4 or 5 days out of the tires. I had the front end aligned at 1 degree negative camber which helped a bunch on turns. By checking the temp on the tires hot, I found I was running toom much air pressure. This seems to have stopped my tires from wearing on the outside and pretty much wearing evenly across the tire. I order mine from Jon B and have them heat cycled.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21