Guess what happened to me on the way home from VOI?

Ronald L. Cypher

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We decided to drive from Vegas to Pittsburgh the long way, through Yellowstone Park and Mt. Rushmore route. It was 6 AM in Yellowstone Park and a crisp 35 degrees. My wife rolled her window down on our SRT convertible to snap a picture and the window would not go up!!! Not at all!! Nearest Dodge dealer: 3 hours. We went to a Chevy dealer an hour away in the freezing cold....would not touch it. There was a Ford dealer that did work on it to get it up and closed. Thank goodness!

Can you believe Dodge wanted to charge us $1000 for the repair when we got home??? The car had 9000 miles on it. Granted it was out of warranty, but we had probably used the passenger window a total of 10 times ever!! It took some serious whining to get them to cover it!! Amazing!!!

Only one speeding ticket on the way home after 3550 miles! downtown Indianopolis.....huge number of cops in the medial strip were catching lots of people. Oh well....

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were out of warranty I am surprised they covered it. What did the Ford dealership due to get the window up? What ended up being the cause?

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't imagine what in the window could cost that much?? Sounds to me like a Blow off. "If you want us to work on it it'll cost 1000.00"

OP
OP
R

Ronald L. Cypher

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the motor went bad and the local dodge dealer broke the door moulding taking it off. Interestingly, the Ford did not break it taking it off!!

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
List price on the window regulator is $1020.00 .plus labor to install and they can be tricky to put in with out braking.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960