Guess what the SRT price will be...

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, well we have NO IDEA what the SRT price will be - so let's see what everyone thinks. Reply to this thread and take a guess. Whoever ends up being closest without going over - umm.. I'll send ya a nice cigar
smile.gif
. We're talking MSRP here, WITHOUT gas guzzler tax and WITHOUT destination. We know Dodge folks read this site, so feel free to put in what you THINK it SHOULD be - but if ya wanna win, you gotta shoot for reasonable and realistic prices... if multiple people choose right, I'll send each one of ya a cigar
smile.gif

I'm gonna say a $500 increase over the existing RT/10 - so that would be $71,725 + 500 = $72,225

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BAS***D!
smile.gif

It's ok... I KNEW someone would do that - shoulda figured it would be the class, err, board clown
smile.gif

It's ok... the last thing I need is to be sending myself cigars... and I will get a chuckle when someone goes 72,227
laugh.gif

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$73,950. If it costs less do you think the savings will be passed on ??? Naw, but please keep the increase reasonable.
patriotx.gif

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Frank is right on. 69k for the new 03 would seem about right.

Think about it, they can offer a nice looking car with a bigger engine and better handling for less than the year before.

It won't hurt sales on the old body style either, because the last 360 will be all coupes with a new stripe option for the red.

Anyway my guess will be $69,999.99

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick,

All guesses (and requests) are final... I will agree to your substitution, and should you win, one of Chippendales finest, 'Marc', will show at your door, dressed as a cop. I hope you enjoy!

(you should always be specific!)

Regarding the cost of making the new Viper... well I think Chrysler wants to keep most of the savings as profit. I think folks will be happy with an SRT that has a marginal price increase, so I expect they will go with that. Just my opinion. Keep the guesses coming!

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Mike Brunton on 02-08-2002 at 12:21 AM</font>

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am from Canada and I figure by the time I get my car, with the weak Canadian dollar dropping against the US buck, it should only cost me about 300,000 Canadian...!

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I would like to see Dodge charging for the '03: $69,500.

What I think they will actually charge (my official entry in this contest): $78,000.

I also am of the opinion Dodge will not pass savings in cost along to the consumer.

P.S., I prefer Cubans....Either for the cigar or exotic dancer....

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope nearly all of you are way off base. I think the car should be priced at around $67,300. Less is better!

Those 19" tires are going to be expensive and I plan on going through lots of them. Need to budget the additional $ to consumables.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per Dodge, the price will be $79,000.00. They will make a total of 10 a day instead of the current total Viper output of eight a day due to the increased assembly efficiencies of the new design - hood and predrilled frame. They will continue to make the 2002 model until the July two week shutdown. The 2003 convertible you have seen at the auto show is the final version.There will not be any priority in assembly based on color. The body panels come in already painted - black, red,etc. All 2003's will be held in a storage area until emissions clearance from the Feds has been obtained - this process is not unusual. There will not be a coupe for three to four years.The entire projected 2003 run sold out in three days. CAAP will also be making the engines ( not the whole truck) for the Viper powered truck. The plan is to have the truck available in 17 months - a very ambitious and optimistic plan in view of the unique suspension and steering needs of such a truck. They plan to make 5000 of these trucks a year.

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mako,

I tend to think Bob is right...

Bob, can you tell us anything else? Perhaps performance #'s on the car? When the first deliveries may take place? Whether we will see any SRT's at VOI7?

If $79,000 is indeed the MSRP, then "Viperweb" was the first one to post that #, and he wins the free cigars! What sort of smokes you like, Viperweb?

Can we get any sort of confirmation on the MSRP of the car? If not, can we get confirmation on a date that MSRP pricing will be released???

Thanks guys,
-Mike

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what would be dealer invoice at that MSRP?

I thought pricing would not be announced until late summer. Has that changed? In other words how official is the information?

Ron

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I think Bob is right. We are looking at a $90,000+ car. Given the performance ... I still think it is worth it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte