H/C/I Install

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering what kind of pricing I'll be looking at for someone to do a H/C/I swap? I'll be getting it all from Greg Good but I'm out in KY. I had one guy price it for 1,000 just on labor is this close or to high?

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a great price to me if they do quality work. I know I would pay more than that around here.

OP
OP
L

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. The ones that would be doing have never done a viper. They have however done tons of ls1's and chevy stuff.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree with Greg and Plum, $1000 seems cheap. Just to remove the heads is 4 hours then another 4 to install. For cam, entire front has to be removed.
If your getting a deal then more power to ya. Just hope this guy knows what he's doing and realize the time involved as he may cut corners or charge you more once he starts disassemble.

There are some tricks to cam removal and installation like propping the engine up to save some time.

Reaction score
I know a couple of Chevy tuners that do great work and could handle a Viper if they decided to. $1000 is about the going rate to do this job on an LSx car. Maybe these guys think the Viper will take about the same amount of time?.....or maybe they are doing this first job at a very reasonable rate to get their feet wet in the Viper community?

At any rate, my bet is that the second Viper they do heads and cam install on won't be for $1000. :D

OP
OP
L

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there helping and watching the guys so I know corners won't be cut. I just have to get them going now lol. They tend to take their time is the only bad thing but it sounds like it's worth it for the price. Yeah Greg I tend to drop in to being the guinea pig on stuff last time I got LT headers and full exhaust on my 04 cobra for 150 lol.

venomous06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh I know, I did my first set with car on jackstands. :(

A buddy of mine with a twin turbo termi did his install on jack stands. When he had to rebuild it due to valve guide failure we did it on the lift. He was impressed how much easier it was.

It helps that I have pulled a few of them before.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude