HAD MY CAR DYNOED THIS WEEKEND.....

RED 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HAD MY CAR DYNOED BY A DYNO JET OUTSIDE AND IT WAS AROUND 90 DEGREES. I HAVE A 97 GTS WITH SVP HEADERS NO CATS,BORLA EXH.,MOPAR COMPUTER, CROWER 1.7 ROLLER ROCKERS,K&NS AND SMOOTH TUBES,AND A 3:55 GEAR. THEY CAR DYNOED AT 435 RWHP AND 465 POUNDS OF TORQUE. I ALSO RAN MY CAR IN THE 1/4 MILE AND IT RAN A 12.1 AT 119 MPH. I RAN MY CAR LAST YEAR WHEN IT WAS ALL STOCK EXPECT FOR THE FILTERS AND TUBES AND WAS RUNNING 11.92 AND 12.0 ALL DAY. LAST YEAR MY 60 FOOT TIMES WERE IN THE 1.8S AND THIS YEAR THEY WERE IN THE HIGH 1.9S. D0 YOU THINK THE HEAT HAS A LOT DO WITH THE WAY IT RAN OR DO I NEED TO WORK ON MY 60 FOOT TIMES. AND SHOULD MY CAR HAVE DYNOED MORE THAN THAT. THANKS

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard the Mopar computer actually can bring HP down.

By the way, if you were running high 11's stock, I wouldn't have changed anything!!

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RED 97 GTS:
SHOULD MY CAR HAVE DYNOED MORE THAN THAT. THANKS

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should have dynoed a lot more then that. try to redyno with the stock computer.
As for your times, you should be hitting atleast 11.5s with all those mods, atleast thats what i think.

good luck

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mopar computer took 16 HP from me over stockon a Dynojet 248C. It did the same for another 97 GTS(he sent it back). My A/F ratio was way rich.

Steve

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dyno results seem about right for your mph (my 97 with ST/K&N's runs 118 at 422rwhp) but quite low for your mods. First thing to do is ditch the Mopar contoller.