Hardtop & Window Storage

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THis would be awesome! Even if there are plans so we could build a rack from wood/metal...

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoform does make a rack for the Hardtop. I imaging there rack would work for all Hardtops. But you will have to e-mail them to get info.
Go to the Home page for www.viperclub.org - Scroll on left side to Marketplace - Click on Accessories. Then look under Autoform

Good luck. If you get a rack, please let us know how you like it. I was considering one myself.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yes. Dodge does make storage bags for the windows. I got mine from The Viper Wizard. They are very nice, work well. You can also get a bag for your soft top, and a bag for your back window.

Mine were missing.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our car came with a window bag. As for a storage rack, there are many inexpensive ways to accomplish this. I have seen a rack made out of plumbing pipe--1&1/2" PVC and multiple fittings(90's,T's,&45's). It was angled back and worked very well for either top. I would guess $10-$15 for this. I used 2 pieces of 1" flat stock(1/8") x 2' long. I bent a 90 so that I had about a 10" vertical leg. The other end of the 90 I lagged to the sill plate(2x6) in the garage wall which is up at about 4'. The wall above is drywalled and either top leans against the wall just fine. Where the top touches the flat stock is heavily foamed and taped. I keep the tops covered with a furniture blanket when they are on the rack. Cost..maybe $10. For winter storage, the soft top goes on this rack and the hard top stays on the car unlatched so as not to compress the rubber gasketing. I'm sure others have devised similar simple solutions

Steve