Hardwired Valentine 1 into Rear View Mirror (Pics)

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night I hardwired my V1 into the wiring harness of the rear view mirror.
The whole process took about minutes. I placed the V1 up top on the left to the left of the mirror. This is a great location because of 1)range and 2)it is very hard to see form outside of the car.
It also gives you a very easy option of placing the remote anywhere you want to, but chose not to in this car because the cabin is so small, it is very easy to mute or turn off.
The reason I chose to wire it to the mirror was because it is easy to remove with no trace(no dangling wires, etc. when I travel thru VA and such).
If anyone wants the instructions, I will post them.
Here are some pics:
9927P1020524-med.JPG

9927P1020521-med.JPG

9927P1020518-med.JPG

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instructions and pics please. I just sold my 01 ACR and bought an 05 SRT-10 and was looking to swap the V1 over.

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. I'm curious where you wired it in on the other side. I assume that when the car is off, it turns itself off. One of the problems I had with the Gen II was that the cigarette lighter was always powered. I fixed this a while ago, however, I like the clean installation on your Gen III and would like to accomplish the same thing. If you have directions, I would really enjoy seeing them!

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a VRCD jammer (Vehicle Radar Cloaking Device). Car and Driver tested these and said they worked. It was $545 about 10 years ago. It jams X and K bands only. Testing on K by the drive by radar warning systems used to slow down traffic, it lets me go by undectected about 80% of the time - but does lock on about 1 in 5 times.

I use the V1 now to get full coverage and since 9/11, the fines for getting caught using one are VERY serious - big fines and jail time.

OP
OP
F

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Instructions :Hardwired Valentine 1 into Rear View Mirror (Pics)

Here is the list you will need:
1.V1 direct power adaptor
2. Wire cutters and strippers
3. Shrink tube
6. Solder gun/electric tape
7. Zip ties
8. 2-3" tel. cord
9. 30 minutes
First locate where you want to place it on the windshield. Make sure you have enough room for the day/night function.
Then place the direct wire adapter against the roof (top of windshield trim) with the openings for the tel. cord facing the windshield. It should rest flat so you don't see it sitting in the drivers seat.
Plug the cord from the V1 to adapter, now secure adapter with lock tape provided.
Take the power and ground wires from the adapter and tuck under lip of windshield molding. Measure how much cord you need to reach wire harness on back of the mirror.
Remove the adapter and cut the wires down to size(you will have to cut the fuse out). Strip both ends of the power and ground, solder or use electric tape to re-attach the quick connector to the power(red). Use the shrink tube to cover the join.
Pull the wiring harness from the back of the mirror. The blue/black wire is hot(positive), the ALL BLACK wire is ground. Snap the quick connector onto the blue/black wire. Strip a 1/4" section of the ground wire. Solder Black to Black. Attach direct power adapter back to the velcro.
Tuck all wires and run them along the wiring harness.
Use zipties to secure. Now place a concealer tube (black plastic hollow tube used in electronics) over the connction(so it looks stock).
Plug in tel cord. to V1 and connect power cord to blue quick connect.
Put in key, start, turn on power to V1 and drive.
All done :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala