has anyone been to CAAP lately?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard that purple is going to made for only a week or possibly two. if you can find a purple car, get one. they are going to be RARE.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car has "Plumcrazy" written all over it!

IMG_363011.jpg

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard that purple is going to made for only a week or possibly two. if you can find a purple car, get one. they are going to be RARE.

as usual, it seems that purple has to be the least used color ever on an automobile.. apparently people do not like it that much, but from my experience, as with my 1970 plum crazy challenger, at car shows everyone loves it. i guess its "as long as its not my car, the color is awesome" mentality. but thats fine with me. today everyone hates it, 20 years from now it will be one of the coolest colors ever on a viper. my prediction, anyway:)

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were several built ACR's in the plant. Here's the only one with the wing and splitters attached:

08_ACR.JPG

That's a black ACR without a wing just over the hood in the shot above.

08_ACR_2.JPG

The whole build going on today was ACR's on the line. :omg:

Thanks for the info, There building the ACR's faster than I expected.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
CAAP is actually building a few more SSGs at the moment, and the 'usual mix' of SRT and ACR and a few SRT-Cs

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The number 91 GTS/R's are the ones I know... but whats up with the silver striped GTS/R?
Classic_3.JPG

I would love to see more pictures of this line-up and CAAP since a trip from Holland is a bit too far. ;)

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The silver car was the homolagtion special/prototype built to certify the car with the FIA, it is a GTS/R with a full interior, and a GTS/R body. The car was supposedly built at a cost of $1,000,000 !

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
car became outdated, but was still raced even in some very competitive series up until a few years ago, I would imagine it is very tough to be at or near the top in an almost 10yr old race car. And why would Dodge support a car that the body style is no longer in production. I will try to get some addtional pics of the silver car up later in the day.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Higher res pics in my gallery. Note no door handles, hood pins, side exhaust, front and side splitters, additional hood vents, fuell filler door, lack of hood speaker vents, and lots of other idfferent details

facttourspringbrunch08_047.jpg

Last edited:

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
car became outdated, but was still raced even in some very competitive series up until a few years ago, I would imagine it is very tough to be at or near the top in an almost 10yr old race car. And why would Dodge support a car that the body style is no longer in production. I will try to get some addtional pics of the silver car up later in the day.

Dodge had a winning car at Le Mans, Daytona, FIA GT and lots of different series....
Then, why didn't they continue the program until the first SRT-C was ready and update it then.

Everything was there to build a Competion Coupe for GT2, but they went for GT3 instead.

Even though the Viper will be sold even without racing succes, there would be more Chryslers/Dodge sold with a succesfull racingteam.

Hope they will think about their succeses in the past and take that Ilmor engine.... an ACR a lot of composite material Mopar Underground and build a succesfull GT2 racer from it.

I'll certainly look in your image gallery and save them to my computer. First view looks like it won't be a big problem to rebuild a "normal" GTS/R race model into that special model.

Did it have a sign with an explaning text?

Thanks for the info!:2tu:

Last edited: