has anyone been to CAAP lately?

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe the Motor City Viper Club is touring the plant today. I'm guessing there will be plenty of reports to come...

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the Detroit Dream Weekend back in Jan/Feb. What would you like to know? Should you go? YES!

i would love to go:) and am trying to work it out. but, just trying to keep tabs on what cars are being built now, and how far along they are, you know...the usual nosey stuff:D

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm almost positive I saw that a CAAP tour is one of the options during VOI 10. If you're not trying to scheudle so that you can see your specific car being built, VOI would probably be a good time to visit with all your Viper cohorts.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm almost positive I saw that a CAAP tour is one of the options during VOI 10. If you're not trying to scheudle so that you can see your specific car being built, VOI would probably be a good time to visit with all your Viper cohorts.

it is. but from what i have read, there are three tours and you are randomly selected for which tour you will get to take. unless i comprehended it wrong, you may not get to go on the CAAP tour at V0I 10.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some shots of the orange and purple panels we saw today on the tour. Sorry for the marginal shots, but the lighting was bad and all I had was a small camera.

Orange_Hoods.JPG

Orange_Panels.JPG

They said that they had only built one orange car (no details).

Purple_Hoods.JPG

Both colors look like they will be great in the sunlight! :2tu:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were several built ACR's in the plant. Here's the only one with the wing and splitters attached:

08_ACR.JPG

That's a black ACR without a wing just over the hood in the shot above.

08_ACR_2.JPG

The whole build going on today was ACR's on the line. :omg:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps the neatest thing we got to see today was a direct comparison of all of the generations of Viper engines. They had them side-by-side (we were trying to figure out how to roll them out the front door!).

3_Gen_Engines.JPG

Gen_1_-_2_3.JPG

Below is the classic that got us started (and keeps many of us going!).

Gen_1_2.JPG

This is the new 600 hp baby!

Gen_3_4.JPG

And if your really want some big factory horsepower, here is the ILMOR marine engine. This version puts out 635 hp -- they have a 710 hp version, and more.

ILMOR.JPG

It's really interesting to see the differences in these bullet proof factory engines. :eater:

imagine32000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There were several built ACR's in the plant. Here's the only one with the wing and splitters attached:

08_ACR.JPG

That's a black ACR without a wing just over the hood in the shot above.

08_ACR_2.JPG

The whole build going on today was ACR's on the line. :omg:

Thanks for this info! Black & Red ACRs on the line? Just red?

- Matt

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the nice touches they have added since the last time I was there is the display of some of the classic Vipers that helped establish the heritage:

Classic_1.JPG

Classic_3.JPG

Classic_2.JPG

If you are coming to VOI 10 (or if you are just in the Detroit area) you should make the pilgrimage -- it's really worth it. :drive:

Front_Door.JPG

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were all kinds of colors of ACR's in production -- all black, all red, red & black, red with silver stripes, burgundy & black, all kinds . . . :crazy2: