Has anyone put Gen 3 wheels on a Gen I?

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw them on a Gen 2. It looked way too high and not quite my taste, kinda like big bicycle tires on the car...

IF its done, I would lower the car seriously, but then you may get clearance problems.

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wish I could do it, but maybe someone with talent can PhotoChop some pics. Mark's black RT/10 with standard SRT-10 wheels, and a second pic with these wheels chromed, and if possible, a third pic, with the new Black Chrome wheels from the new Yellow/Black VCA edition SRT-10? I too would be very curious as to the what these would look like. :thumb:

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once saw pictures of a steel gray GTS.
I totally didn't like it. The main reason is that mixed 18" front and 19" rear wheels look terrible on GEN I, and GEN II cars, imho.

OP
OP
X

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is lowered, and I thought the 19/18 combo might fill the fenderwells pretty well.
Here is a pic someone did for me

111gen3-on-gen1.JPG

adding Austin's PS of VCA edition wheels..... Thanks, Austin!

55801.jpg

Comments?
I also have black and charcoal SnakeHydes interior now...(if that makes any difference). It does change the overall look of the car.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blackened wheels might look really good.
Well, the car I saw was a GTS, and not lowered. So maybe you're right and it'll look diffrent.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
XS TORQ, IMHO...I would go with the black if you decide to go with a gen III wheel. I had a set of chrome genIII wheels on my GTS and they did not look very nice, however, they bolt on perfectly...Good Luck with your decision

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey XS TORQ...the black ones kinda remind me of the rice racers that take off their hubcabs to have black rims.

Also, your car is black...black rims don't give it the contrast between the car, tires, and wheels. I have a black with silver strips, and I would prefer the chrome ones...

Just a thought...how much are the gen 3 rims? I saw 1 one ebay for $1k (one rim). So if that is the going price...I would get me after market rims...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte