Has anyone seen the ads on TV for the Tornadoe fuel saver?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks INTERESTING.. Some reports give 4 cyl. to 8 cyl. 25 HP increase! Works by inserting a peice of metal that gives the air a "whirlwind" or "tornadoe" effect at the throttle body that lets your car **** in MUCH more air while driving.. Of course, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.. I would be very intested to see the "true" results of it tested...

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They don't work. The gain, if any, is simply because it acts like a psudo ram-air. You won't see anything off of this. It's kinda like going from a stock air cleaner to a K&N, the volume is what picks up power (although their claims on most things are WAY off).

They can't pull enough air to be effective, and they screw the flow up on gm LT1 based cars (more turbulent). I don't know what it would do to a V10, but I doubt it would be good.

For other useless scam products, try the magnetic fuel savers...little magnets that clamp onto your fuel lines and magicly give you a 10% increase. HA
smile.gif

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thing was tested by some TV show (can't remember who) by dyno'ing (as I recall) the car it was on, before and after. The main thing that stuck with me is that it proved to be junk.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't understand how anything that is blocking the airstream could possibly increase airflow.
Dodge engineers carefully design intake to cause "swirl" in combustion chamber, but won't help puting into throttle bodies.

I do however just happen to be selling some magnetic ball bearings, which if put into your fuel tank will and 30% better mileage, and hp increased equilivent to twin turbo...Please send $29.95 to MAKE YOUR VIPER RUN LIKE A ZO6
c/o John Delorean
White Powder Road
Salt Lake City, UT 90000

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Paul,

Onto magnets now? Didn't you have one of the experimental rubber cams that Dan Cragin was working on? The one that gave variable valve timing and lift as the rotation speed increased but lit up the ses light? What was it good for, 55hp or so?

laugh.gif

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cragin secret Rubber cam worked worked like a charm. Not only gave between 35 - 55 HP (Depending which Dyno I used) but also quieted down my rattling shock absorbers.

If you put hydrogen in the tires it also makes them lighter (like a derigible) and improves handling to over 1.75 G's.

Lots of other upgrades I could tell you about, but then I would have to swear you to silence.

PS My Lexus ZO6 turns low 11's with just secret mods.(so that I can still claim it as "almost stock".

Diogee says "Woof".

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "cork" in Viper's breathing is the intake manifold. After opening up breathing with larger throttle bodies. (don't hear much about them any more) and downstream with headers, and larger pipes, the constraint becomes the intake manifold.
V-10 can easily produce 50 hp over stock with these mods, however gains above this become much more di$$icult.

Custom intake manifolds with 10 individual butterflys, and some head work really produce the HP, but streetability becomes more of an issue.

Lets all take off our hats to the K&N people,(and other cotton airfilter people) who make the easiest and most cost effective HP gains for out snakes.

Now we can all breath a little easier :> )