Has anyone tried ACR paint scheme on a vert?

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is my favorite color combo and I was wondering how it would look on a vert? I'm thinking leave the car color in silver then paint the hood and rear deck with flat black and finish it with a red stripe. What do you guys think?

You must be registered for see images

And this is my 05 silver vert......

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your car looks great as is. Nice wheels. I'm sure it would probably look good. I'm just not a risk taker. Good luck.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it would work, the black vert top should blend well with the flat black paint on the trunk & hood, you need the 08 hood.

I don't like the red stripe. i like the ACR stripe when it's the same color as the base color of the car, I don't like the car being 3 different colors, gets to be a little too much to me.

But it's a big risk on $, etc., but very cool I bet ... with a silver stripe rather than red :)

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Todd at A&C Performance did a similar scheme but left the drivers stripe the factory silver color. Ask him for pics. I think it might look better with teh red stripe. Like the ACR.
But part of what makes the whole package work is the racer look of the coupe and the big wing. Im sure it still would look cool on a vert, but I think better looking on the coupe.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering u have a red mamba interior then i think the red stripe would work.....bit of a gamble tho

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WEIRD!!!! I still have my PM to Austin *2 months ago!!*for this exact same thing for my newly TT'd 05 Silver Mamba:omg: I opted out but would still LOVE to see this done!!
M

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hard to say but the silver on the ACR looks different than your silver. I think your car looks great. But it's your car. I think it would look good but I would leave your car as is.

v10nut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would not even question it if I were you. That would be incredible! If you need a great place to get the work done let me know. My car is in getting a full paint job and the guys doing it are really good. I'm in Vista CA in north San Diego county. You can come and look at my car when its done if you want proof of quality. These guys don't charge an arm and a leg either! Good luck

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your silver is a brighter silver than what is on the ACR, which is a slate grey. Your finished product will have more contrast than what is on the ACR. You could go with a slate grey for your black sections if you wanted lesser contrast. The red stripe would be fine.

OP
OP
Greg-TT

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would not even question it if I were you. That would be incredible! If you need a great place to get the work done let me know. My car is in getting a full paint job and the guys doing it are really good. I'm in Vista CA in north San Diego county. You can come and look at my car when its done if you want proof of quality. These guys don't charge an arm and a leg either! Good luck
Yeah, I'd like to check out your car when its done. I live in Irvine so, Vista isn't too bad as long as they get the job done right.

OP
OP
Greg-TT

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Todd at A&C Performance did a similar scheme but left the drivers stripe the factory silver color. Ask him for pics. I think it might look better with teh red stripe. Like the ACR.
But part of what makes the whole package work is the racer look of the coupe and the big wing. Im sure it still would look cool on a vert, but I think better looking on the coupe.
Scheduled to drop off the car at A&C on 24th and I can't wait for the paxton upgrade!!! I will ask Todd about the pics. Again, thanks to you Mike for making this happen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Greg-TT

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it would work, the black vert top should blend well with the flat black paint on the trunk & hood, you need the 08 hood.

I don't like the red stripe. i like the ACR stripe when it's the same color as the base color of the car, I don't like the car being 3 different colors, gets to be a little too much to me.

But it's a big risk on $, etc., but very cool I bet ... with a silver stripe rather than red :)
Yeap, already have the 08 hood sitting in the garage.

v10nut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It should be done in another week or two. He has the whole car painted and put back together so now he has to color sand it and then paint the stripe. The paint he has done so far is perfect and like glass. I love it!

jimsmyth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good point. I'm also getting the hardtop for mine. if you follow the link to my project Jeff can hook you up with that as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4