Has anyone used FX1 cleaner and wax?

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told by a participant at a car show to try FX1 wax, he stated that it's a fantastic product and his car did look great. I was just wondering if anyone in this forum had tried it before. I guess the stuff is not cheap either...

You must be registered for see images attach

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stay away!!! I fell for that scam last year, spent almost 200 on a bunch of their stuff. Lucky I tried it on my daily driver first. the wheel stuff completely destroyed thefinish. The stuff for the interior dried the plastic out. I don't even want to get into what it did for my paint, but it was a very expensive lesson. The stuff smelt like gasoline, that should of been a warning. They say nascar uses it to make the cars shine for their sponsors. This may be true, but those cars are also constantly bring repainted, they dont have to deal with the long term problems these products cause.

OP
OP
G

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay away!!! I fell for that scam last year, spent almost 200 on a bunch of their stuff. Lucky I tried it on my daily driver first. the wheel stuff completely destroyed thefinish. The stuff for the interior dried the plastic out. I don't even want to get into what it did for my paint, but it was a very expensive lesson. The stuff smelt like gasoline, that should of been a warning. They say nascar uses it to make the cars shine for their sponsors. This may be true, but those cars are also constantly bring repainted, they dont have to deal with the long term problems these products cause.

Great feedback, thank you!!!

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ain't this the same stuff you see guys peddling in gas station parking lots? I've heard that stuff was as bad as putting paint thinner on your paint! They make highly inaccurate claims about what it does, sell you the stuff then disappear. Scary!

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing. Just yesterday i was talking to my neighbor and told him i was cleaning my car in my garage cause it was pretty dirty from a trackday. Didnt feal the need to elaborate the extensive process i was doing including using my RO buffer to get her back to a showroom finish. Just said "cleaning her" cause i didnt want for him to judge me as the anal type off person that is obsessed with beautifull materialistic things(like a Viper)..

He said. "Hey, ive got this super wax that is made for racecars. I bought several boxes of it years ago for several hundred dollars. I'll have to bring some over."

I didnt even want to see what he had. I just politely said ... Well i've got several diff kinds of waxes and cleaners for my cars. I might already have it.

Then today. A day later, i see this thread.
If my neighbor comes walking over with this FW1 stuff i am going to want to LMAO.:rolaugh:

I'll keep yall posted:)

http://www.ripoffreport.com/bbb-bet...-cpea-fw/quantum-dare-cpea-fw1-fast-68624.htm

http://forums.evolutionm.net/paint-detailing/401767-fw1-racing-formula-worth.html

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, that's the stuff! I remember looking into it a few years ago and the stuff contained something like brake fluid or something crazy like that. I know whatever it had in it, you definitely didn't want to put it on your paint. Some real nasty stuff. I'm surprised that they are still running that scam.

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya, they sold it on base for a 'discounted' price at the gas station. The guy actually walked over and without asking sprayed some on my car. I fell for the gimmick, the stuff really feels really smooth when it is first put on and wiped off. It looks like it is going to be some amazing epic solution to fast waxing. He put some on my wheels, and I had horrible brake dust build up, and it all came off in 1 wipe. That is when I bought a decent supply of it and my day went down hill. It didn't take long at all for it to eat the finish off my wheels. The paint looks like the car has been sitting abandoned in the wilderness for the past 10 years, prior to that it was an 8/10. If something seems too good to be true, it is. It is worth just doing the extra work and doing it right.