Has your car been damaged while in for service?

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems inevitable that I get some kind of damage to my car while it's in the shop for service. Sometimes it's a scratch or paint chip. This time it's the result of a careless mechanic using a less then structural element under the car to jack it up.

I was inspecting my brake pads after a Viper club track day and sure enough, a right front support member under the car has been dented from improperly jacking, or supporting the vehicle. It just doesn't seem that difficult to raise the car w/o bending something.

I know it doesn't hurt the performance of the car, however it still annoys me.

Thanks, I feel better now.

Jim

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper's firt trip to the dealership (Raytown Dodge, in Raytown, MO) resulted in a 6 inch scratch on my front bumper. Looked like someone wheeled a cart around the front of the car and caught the lower fascia. I was livid and went back and chewed the service manager out in front of his mechanics. I wanted everyone to know what he did.

BTW, before I brought the car to him, he told me where he parks the Vipers and how they clear the area so no one parks next to it. My car was sandwiched between 2 cars so tightly that he had to reach into the open window, pull the brake off and pushed the car out from between the other two. Geesh.

Good customer service is a thing of the past.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, good customer service is still out there. Jerrys dodge in Springfield Va is awsome, had my cars in for several different things never any problems whatsoever just first class work. If you are in the Wash D.C. area the only place to go.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know just how Jim Hodel feels! However, it is critically important to notify the dealership immediately when anything like this is noticed. Any quality dealership would want to be made aware of this so that reparations can be made. One customer lost is too many! This very post proves that if you lose one, you probably lost many from this very problem and you may never realize it. This is one cost that doesn't show up on your P & L statement except as lost sales, gross profit and good will. I was a Dodge dealer for 33 years and customers would tell me that they didn't bring a problem to my attention because they didn't want to bother me. If they don't tell me, I can't fix it and may not even know that I may have a problem in the service dep't. Much better I hear it then the next 20 people the unhappy customer comes in contact with (or posts it on the VCA website!). Thanks for the kind words from the follow-up posts in this thread! New car dealers are some of the kindest, most devoted people in the world if you just give them a chance to prove it!

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why no one goes near any of my cars except myself. I don't trust anyone...especially mechanics...unless of course the Viper tech truly appreciates working on these cars. There are alot of disgruntled mechanics and monkeys working on cars today...many of my mechanic buddies absolutely hate their working conditions and jobs in general...especially catching flak from overzealous service managers and dealer managers. There is also very little appreciation of techs...unless you are a tech in Beverly Hills with checkered tile floors or working with Mr. Cragin...

rhansenjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Tech John at Contemporary Chrysler Plymouth Dodge in Milford, NH does it right. Your car will be returned with no extra miles and if it has to stay overnight, it will be indoors.

Tpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Palmer Dodge in Atlanta ran my car over a curb and damaged the front spoiler when it was in for service.

Unfortunalty I have not been able to find service anywhere near the level of the car itself.

Roy

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To All,
Let me tell you about my first and only, so far, but DEFINATELY not the last, visit to Monroe Dodge in Monroe Washington (NE of Seattle).
I had an appointment with CAM, the Viper Tech. I walked in and told the service desk person that I had an appointment with CAM, and he said he was working on another Viper, would you like to go back and see what is going on and meet another Viper Owner. I didn't fall over (he caught me), but was more than surprised. I said yes and went back where he was finishing up. After he finished, we checked out my problem, and I was present ALL the time while he worked on the car.
Is this unusual, perhaps, but will definately get repeat customers, and perhaps it is the way ALL dealers should should treat Viper owners; after all WE ARE SPECIAL !!!
Thanks CAM.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member