Have we forgotten? 9/11

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have We Forgotten????????? 9/11

In light of the 8 posts the other thread got I feel the need to post this:

My father had best friends die that day, my best friends had fathers die that day.......

I remember exactly where I was. I was in college feeling invincible. As I was taking a shower my roommate shouted out that the United States was under attack. I thought to myself "no ****ing way." The joke ended and the reality begun as I realized we were truly being attacked by terrorists. I had no telephone connections as I was trying to reach my father who was likely working in the Pentagon, nor my brother who was working less than a mile away in Crystal City, VA. My cable was out so television was not an option. My only media resource was through AOL Instant Messenger contact via a friend working less than 1 mile from the Pentagon at the Patent Office in Crystal City.
Feeling helpless...just a little bit. Pissed as all hell..you betcha. Getting a call from your mother stating one of your fathers good friends, who was the (taken over) airline pilot of the flight that hit the pentagon, had died made me enraged...you bet I remember..you ****ing know I remember!!!!

Never forget!:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

Last edited:

JACKED DADDY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I Remember Runnimg For My Life. I Remember Seeing People Who Were Not As Lucky. I Remember Watching In Shock A Special Report That Night A President Quoting If Your Not With Us Then Your Against Us. What I Dont Seem To Remember Is The Revenge. Please Dont Handcuff Our Soldiers. Allow Them To Do Their Job And Return Home Safley. Thats Just One Of Jacked Daddys Opinions.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hadn't moved here to New Jersey yet...that came five months after 9/11, but I will never forget the swing of emotions I felt that day, the sorrow and sadness for innocent people who didn't get to come home to their families....then the seething, teeth-clenching anger at who could have possibly perpetrated such a cowardly act on civilians.

Dennis, I agree with you and many others, the only way to ensure we remain safe here at home is to affect those nations who breed hate and ignorance. I saw something in the news today about Guantanomo detainees complaining about "rights" abuses...if there's one thing I'd like to see is an amendment to the constitution that removes "rights" to those in prison (especially those enemies of state).

Okay, I'm stepping down off my soapbox.

Regards,
Aaron

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with what all you guys are saying 100%. I personally did not know anyone close or even an aquaintance that died as a result of that horrific day. I was actually thinking about this the other day and here are some of my observations.

I do not think people forget, but life goes on. Especially if you were not personally affected by the attack. I do feel bad for all those that lost loved ones, friends, and innocent hard working Americans.

I do not think we can dwell on one event because there are going to be so many throughout our lives. A great example is the attack on Pearl Harbor, as a nation we do not forget what happened, but eventually the sadness of that day kinda fades into the relms of time, just as it is with 9/11.

I do think we needed to do something to those who were responsible for the attack, but now, after how many years of fighting, what did we really accomplish? All we did was stir more hatred for the US than ever. Iraq will never be a stable nation, it was barely stable before we got there. It will just continue to be the reason why more and more terrorists are created every day. If I was a resident of Iraq and saw countless innocent people die as a result of our occupation, I would feel the same resentment that they are feeling now. I feel bad for our soldiers that are dying and they are doing so for the right cause, but Iraq is going to be a breading ground for American extremists.

Lastly, everyone who reads this, I feel sorry for the pain that you all have gone through as a result of that day!

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Remember Runnimg For My Life. I Remember Seeing People Who Were Not As Lucky. I Remember Watching In Shock A Special Report That Night A President Quoting If Your Not With Us Then Your Against Us. What I Dont Seem To Remember Is The Revenge. Please Dont Handcuff Our Soldiers. Allow Them To Do Their Job And Return Home Safley. Thats Just One Of Jacked Daddys Opinions.

I am very sorry you were a part of this gruesome tragedy. As anybody, I recall that day very vividly...but like others, was not personally affected (known anyone who was there at the time)....but like all, was horrified and felt vulnerable. We will always remember, but yes, life does go on, and makes us stronger, and hopefully more aware these things CAN and DO happen~~we try to live a positive life...but certainly those affected, probably very hard to get to that point themselves understandably. We will never forget. :usa: ~juli

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not forgotten. I'm as ********** today as I was the day it happened. I do feel personally affected. It was my country and my fellow innocent American citizens that were attacked that day. I will NEVER forget! :usa: :usa: :usa:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not forgotten. I'm as ********** today as I was the day it happened. I do feel personally affected. It was my country and my fellow innocent American citizens that were attacked that day. I will NEVER forget! :usa: :usa: :usa:

I think you are saying what I really meant--that I was very angry, and me saying I was not personally involved, didn't really express what I meant--I meant others were actually THERE and also had loved ones/friends who died....yes, I was and still am horrified and angry that this happened to innocent people---thank you for expressing it more eloquently than I did....you are saying what I meant. :usa: ~juli

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are saying what I really meant--that I was very angry, and me saying I was not personally involved, didn't really express what I meant--I meant others were actually THERE and also had loved ones/friends who died....yes, I was and still am horrified and angry that this happened to innocent people---thank you for expressing it more eloquently than I did....you are saying what I meant. :usa: ~juli
I was just expressing my own thoughts Juli. Nothing at all wrong with what you said! :2tu:

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember Rudolph Giuliani walking the streets telling people to put on masks while #43 was looking like a complete idiot.

DrDJ

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a firefighter, saw the news getting off shift that morning...I knew it was going to be bad for FDNY guys.
One of the guys FDNY lost (Billy Krukowski), was riding with us a few weeks prior, he is a lifelong friend of a co-worker ( from Queens). I also partied with members from the FDNY football team that would come to Phoenix annually, 22 of them lost. A funny, great bunch of characters!
Three guys from my station, went back to help with the search effort in The Pile.
Besides all this, the loss suffered by every American that day , I know I will never forget :usa:

mygpw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember 911. Several hours after it started I was called to active duty with my Guard unit here in Minnesota. After several deployments overseas, I finally said life is short and I bought a 94 RT/10 this last spring. However after 21 years in as a reservist I'm not yet ready to retire just yet. I still have a few good years yet, despite the places I've been and things I've seen.

There's No Place Like America ! ! !

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have we forgotten...HELL NO! Exactly 1 year later I was in Afghanistan praying a mortar didn't find my (or any other airman, soldier, sailor or marine's) tent. Any time I hear of another military service member making the ultimate sacrifice and laying their life upon the altar of freedom it hits me like a hammer to the chest. Most people just see numbers...I see kids, yes kids, that had parents, friends, pets, hobbies and some with kids of their own. My cousin is in Bagdad right now serving his second tour, and he's going to miss his daughter's senior year of high school.

A friend I worked with (Jeremy Britt Mines) missed the birth of both children while he was deployed. I cannot put into words how I felt when I saw the look on the face of his wife (Mitsy) at the hospital as she went into labor...without her husband...again. Jeremy was in 22 when he left, and came back a very different person. I called all the local TV stations when he returned so people could understand the sacrifice he had made, and thought it would be touching to see him hold his daughter for the first time. No one showed up, but I wasn't surprised.

My son had just turned 1 when we were attacked, and I have pictures of my wife when we visited New York with the Twin Towers in the background.

My father was at the Pentagon shortly before the attack, and would have still been there if he hadn't made the effort to get stationed back home to be around his first grandchild.

One of the guys I work with (SrA Ronald Intriago) was in high school near the World Trade Center on 9/11 and watched as the smoke poured from the buildings after they were hit.

My license plate has an bald eagle on it with the American Flag as the backdrop. Below "96 GTS" are the words "We Will Never Forget."