Having Withdrawal Symptons

Cincy2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My garage is Viperless and it's depressing me. I bought a 2008 a little over a month ago and immediately brought it to a local dealer for a full checkup. The engine and drive train were perfect. The rattle in the dash I complained about was due to a bad warping of the dash area surrounding the defrost vent. You could see how the bracket would not lay flat and the banging was coming directly from that area. The car was kept on a lot in the Florida sun for many months so I can understand how this happend. The Dealer got approval to replace the dash under warranty. I brought it in with some trepidation knowing dash replacements always produce collateral damage. Sure enough, they cracked the windshield and have to replace that also. I've been Viperless all week and it's depressing not to take that slooow walk past it in the garage when I get home from work. Amazed at how fast you can get attached to this car.

I don't know what else will go wrong but fortunately I have the seven year warranty in place.

Last edited:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know how you feel... My GTS was in the shop for 2 weeks and the withdrawl got worse with each passing day... I wouldn't have believed that I could feel like that about a car...

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOOD LUCK! You still have the mild FL winter to :drive: the car!
CIMG6318small.jpg

We northern people have to put away the cars for almost 6 months soon :crazy2:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOOD LUCK! You still have the mild FL winter to :drive: the car!
CIMG6318small.jpg

We northern people have to put away the cars for almost 6 months soon :crazy2:

I am already at 6 months without the car in my sig and fully expect it to last another 6 at least before I can send it off to my body guy for paint... I hope VOI will make me a happy camper again because at this moment I am definately NOT :blah::crazy::puppy:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been without mine for well over a month and it will be another month or so before I get it back. Had to have the engine sent off to Arrow for a rebuild. The dealership got backed up with some issues with their Viper tech, but they are doing some other stuff for me free to make up for it. We're actually getting some cooler weather now and it's killing me!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when you go without a viper for 1 1/2 years and god knows how much cash later, let me know.........

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i went for two years without mine and only my lil nsx..You have no idea how exotic and fast a srt10 seems until you dont have one any more..i saw two srt10's in that two year period. A red and a black..they may have well have been Bugattis at that point to me...510 hp and 83K dosent seem that special till you dont have it anymore LOL...

just had to get another one!!!!!!!!!!