He Want to Wife Swap

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought that would make you click on this. :)

Anyway, one of my Vette co-workers drove his to work the other day, Since it was a Saturday and the parking lot was nearly empty I drove my Elvira (see avatar) and purposely parked near him.

After he finished drooling at my car he asked if I wanted to "wife swap" it with his some weekend. My mind exploded with "What, are you :censored: NUTS?!", but I managed a controlled verbal response and just said something like, "Oh, probably not."

I wouldn't let anyone else drive my car even with me sitting in it, much less let someone take her for the weekend. :nono:

I wonder if there has ever been a case of a Viper owner who asked a Vette guy if he wanted to swap for the weekend? I doubt it.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol. Yeah, my bro has a vette and he's wanted to swap and I said "ok..." but didn't really want to. I love his car, but still...

I can't believe a coworker would ask... You know he'd pound the piss out of it, and you can't do that with a Viper the way you do with a vette.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I've let two people drive mine. (the Viper, I mean)

One of them came within 6 inches of hitting a curb, while "lighting them up".

Never again.....

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol. Yeah, my bro has a vette and he's wanted to swap and I said "ok..." but didn't really want to. I love his car, but still...

I can't believe a coworker would ask... You know he'd pound the piss out of it, and you can't do that with a Viper the way you do with a vette.

Actually I think the Viper would fare much better than the Vette if "he'd pound the piss out of it". BUT the consequnences of a mishap would be a lot worse!

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my best friend's dad said, "I can't wait to drive it!" and I was like "uh, ya haha" i didn't know what to say but there is not a chance hes getting behind the wheel. He thinks because his durango has a hemi he knows how to drive it....

OP
OP
R

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff- you should have told him yes, then showed up on your bike!

LOL - and on a rainy day, too. He lives over in Illinois. It would be a good workout. :D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have said YES!!!

But then required a contract where he paid a non-refundable deposit of $75,000. Then put in it that if he wrecks your car, you get to keep his.

Then just park the vette in a safe place for two days.

This way, no matter what happened, you would be more than covered. Even if he gave it back and the motor was a bit off, you could send it off and have a crazy TT Viper. Easy money, I tell you…easy money.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, we haven't even let family drive the Viper...just Mike's son, he took it out once (he's very experienced with high-performance cars) and won't take it out again, LOL! A CO-WORKER--that's VERY rude actually of him. Sure we switch back and forth with our own Viper and/or Vette; but that's just US! I hear ya, Jeff~~! ~juli

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a Vette and let others drive it. Never had a problem. I have never given the Viper to anyone to drive while I wasnt with them but have let quite a few drive it with me in it. Its a car. It's a dream car and most people will never have a chance to ride in one let alone drive one. The smiles and memories that you have a chance to give someone are SOOOO worth it. There's nothing better than seeing the grin on someone that you just let drive a Viper. To me the joy of sharing the expierience far outweighs the small chance of them hurting the car. Here's a funny story. I sold a van to guy last summer based on the fact that he got to go for a ride in the Viper. He was not prepared to give me what I want and we were at a stalemate. He started to ask me about the Viper and one thing led to another. He was a Viper nut. He had models of the GTS on his shelves and everything. 2 mins later we had a deal and he paid up. He will never forget the ride I gave him either,.... LOL.. When we got back to my house after his " ride " he was like a little kid. His wife was laughing because she had not seen him that happy in years. Enjoy the car but remember... it's only a car...