Headers gen2 to gen1 swap

jbrasco70

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:dunno: I purchased gen 2 headers from dan at vip specialties on ebay, he states i need gaskets,v clamps.and a flex tube from a gen 2 for them to fit right on my gen 1..Called tators he doesn't have any dan also doesn't have any!!If there is anyone out there that can help me please do so it would be greatly appreciated.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
are you wanting to just bolt your exhaust to the gen 2 headers (1998-2002 short tube AL manifolds) without any welding or cutting?

If that is the case I think you are going to need some gen 2 (1998-2002) cats to match up to those short tube exhaust manifolds.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to burst your bubble but putting Gen 2 headers on a Gen 1 is more trouble than its worth. I almost did that to my car, but was advised against it. I was told you would save a couple pounds of weight, but NO performance gains. Ofcourse if you're a bigtime racer, a little weight savings may be worth it. Good luck

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to burst your bubble but putting Gen 2 headers on a Gen 1 is more trouble than its worth. I almost did that to my car, but was advised against it. I was told you would save a couple pounds of weight, but NO performance gains. Ofcourse if you're a bigtime racer, a little weight savings may be worth it. Good luck

I heard the same thing... waste of time and money for nothing but saving a few extra pounds.