Headers Help !!

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am gonna install my hennessey headers soon but have a problem. I only have the headers and misplaced all the gaskets and bolts. Where can i get the gaskets? what size are they?? and what size bolts ?? Do I have to have longer 02 wires ?? Please any help greatly appreciated.

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the gasket between the manifold and the header you can use a factory exhaust gasket. You may even re use your original gasket on the car. As for bolts I sell Stage 8 locking bolts or you can usually re use the original manifold bolts.

Between the collecter and the turn around pipe go to a local peformance shop and get a Mr Gasket Ultra seal part number 5971 which is a 3" collector gasket. To bolt them together you can go to any hardware store and get 3/8 bolts and nuts with lock washers 1 1/2" long

Good luck

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Mike! I will be installing Hennessey Headers also, hopefully next week when my High-Flow Cats get here!
Venumish, let me know how everything went for you if you can. Where are you doing the install?

OP
OP
V

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx Mike for all the info
smile.gif

What is the turn around pipe?? does it come with the headers??

Casey, I am probably gonna install it at a speed shop in New Hampshire. I am gonna be with him the whole time and will post all the info
smile.gif
smile.gif

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For collector gaskets, I really like the copper or aluminum items you can get from Summitt; they won't blow out and can be re-used. Believe it or not, the high temp copper RTV holds up to heat surprisingly well and a thin coat on teh metal gaskets has served me well on other cars.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venumish:
Casey, I am probably gonna install it at a speed shop in New Hampshire. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which shop would that be???

OP
OP
V

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Runnr,

The shop is Martel's Racing, in manchester, NH. 30 minute drive from boston
smile.gif