headlight removal

vinnieviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can anyone help me on how to remove the headlights from a 95 rt/10 ?? before i go taking whole front end off and not needing to...

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can remove the headlights by using u joints with your sockets. I removed the foglights, and foglamps access plugs. All nuts can be removed.

The headlights have studs that nuts attach to. Be careful to notive how many shims are undeerneath.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its fairly easy, I've done it once (and I need to do it again, as I still haven't pulled the right number of shims to get the @#%@%#%$ high beams out of the trees when the low beams are aimed correctly).

I don't recall it being especially hard - just remove the back cover, then the screws that hold the inner assembly in place and pull the insides out, and, well, I can't remember, as it was fairly obvious once you got into it (not meaning to say anything negative at all) - just dive in, and I think how it comes apart becomes apparent.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its fairly easy, I've done it once (and I need to do it again, as I still haven't pulled the right number of shims to get the @#%@%#%$ high beams out of the trees when the low beams are aimed correctly).
I just realized that you are likely asking about removing the whole headlight assembly, not just the insides, which is all I've done. My comments only really applied to removing the insides of the headlight - please take that into account - my apologies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960