headlights collecting unsightly dirt&dust inside

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
while cleaning and waxing my '03srt I looked closely and noticed dirt and dust at the lower edge inside of the clear headlight lens cover on each side. No cracks evident, but the lower seal may be letting dirt in I guess. This car isn't even driven in the dirt. Anybody else notice this? Is this normal, the car has 2200 miles on it? Can you dissasemble it to clean it? It is under warranty should I bring it in to dealership? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks eagles

Mamba King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same thing on my 04 Mamba. The dealer told me that it looks like over spray, and that they would not do anything under warranty.My car has no paint work. A new headlight is about $1,200.00.You should bring the car to the dealer and see what they have to say.

let me know.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's probably a mis-aligned seal somewhere. My headlights are perfectly clean inside after 22,000 miles, and I do drive in the rain. Have the dealer check it. My GTS had a gap in the rear headlight seal, but I fixed it myself.

Mamba King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remove the seal, will the lens seperate from the headlight, allowing me to clean the inside of the lens?
or is the lens heat sealed?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never looked closely at the SRT headlights, but based on experience all the front lenses are sealed. The only access is a large rear trap door on the GTS (held on by wingnuts if I remember) to access the bulbs. Since the SRT has Xenons and full fenders, I don't know what the back looks like. The wheelhouse liner has a trap door, I think?

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remove the seal, will the lens seperate from the headlight, allowing me to clean the inside of the lens?
or is the lens heat sealed?

Don't do that! Take your car into the dealer you can get them covered under warrenty.