Heads Up On Tranny Fluid!!! '95 RT/10

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heads Up On Tranny Fluid!!! \'95 RT/10

I replaced my tranny fluid in my '95 RT/10 about a week ago with Mobile One's replacement for Dex III. I've put approx. 120 miles on it and have begun to notice some syncro noise and other weird noises that weren't there before. Needless to say, that stuff is coming out ASAP!!! I've caught up with some threads related to this and realized that the factory recommended oil is probably he safest way to fly!

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Heads Up On Tranny Fluid!!! \'95 RT/10

:2tu: you are correct, many posts on it and factory is best way to go. at least thats the concensus.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Sad news...you can go with Mopar Dexron III, or go to Mopar Symthetic Manual Transmission Lubricant 75W/85 ((especially if neutral gear rattle bugs you).

IMPORTANT NOTE to those owners of 92 and 93 Vipers...stay with Dexron III...noting that the Dodge Viper TSB (around 1998) permitted the use of the Mopar Symthetic Manual Transmission Lubricant 75W/85 for neutral gear rattle (NGR) in 1994 and later Vipers...OBVIOUSLY skipping over the 92 and 93 years. Ron checked up on this and was given info by old Borg-Warner employees that lead us to believe that there COULD BE issues with the new synthetic in the older T-56's....CAN'T PROVE this last point, but why take the risk?? !!!!! Others may have more to add...especially Ron.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sad news...you can go with Mopar Dexron III, or go to Mopar Symthetic Manual Transmission Lubricant 75W/85 ((especially if neutral gear rattle bugs you).

IMPORTANT NOTE to those owners of 92 and 93 Vipers...stay with Dexron III...noting that the Dodge Viper TSB (around 1998) permitted the use of the Mopar Symthetic Manual Transmission Lubricant 75W/85 for neutral gear rattle (NGR) in 1994 and later Vipers...OBVIOUSLY skipping over the 92 and 93 years. Ron checked up on this and was given info by old Borg-Warner employees that lead us to believe that there COULD BE issues with the new synthetic in the older T-56's....CAN'T PROVE this last point, but why take the risk?? !!!!! Others may have more to add...especially Ron.

I believe Chuck Tator had said the same thing. Stay with Dex III. Besides, it's much cheaper to change($1.50 a quart vs. $14 for the Syntorq). :2tu: