HEAT AT YOUR FEET?

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MAN!!! AFTER DRIVING THE RT FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES THE HEAT IN THE FOOTWELL BECOMES ALMOST UNBEARABLE!! WHAT THE H*LL IS THE DEAL? DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

Jim Sullivan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Living in Florida I had the same problem. What I did was cut a 1.5in. hole in the crotch vent and attach a 3in. piece of ribbed plastic tubing aimed at my feet. Simple but effective.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
High flow cats will help!! Also, changing to a 3 inch cat back will also reduce the heat. Big improvement for mine.....Kurt

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cut the cats out all together. Pick up 15HP, motor and interior are cooler. I have limo tint and no cats, my A/C is freezing cold. Never though I would hear that about a Vipers A/C. P.S. no more Mr. Hot Feet.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SPARKY:
MAN!!! AFTER DRIVING THE RT FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES THE HEAT IN THE FOOTWELL BECOMES ALMOST UNBEARABLE!! WHAT THE H*LL IS THE DEAL? DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought you had a question here??! Sorry if my response offended you..........Kurt

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not loud at all. I cut my rear muffler, left my side sill mufflers. The car sounds better than any system I have heard on the market. Also,had a h-pipe put in which cut the sound down dramatically. Tony

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackACR:
Not loud at all. I cut my rear muffler, left my side sill mufflers. The car sounds better than any system I have heard on the market. Also,had a h-pipe put in which cut the sound down dramatically. Tony

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You eco-terrorist! What were you thinking?

BTW, I did the same thing and I echo your sentiments.

Alas, I guess we're both eco-terrorist! Woe is me...

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SPARKY:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pure "Cornstarch" in your shoes!
laughing2[1].gif

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My feet got so hot that I would have to stop to cool down
on long trips. Stainless steel SVSI headers don't
help matters either. The most effective fix is to cut a
hole under the drivers side "speaker grill" in the hood.
Pretty easy to do with a dremel. This works like a charm
and also helps to cool the brake components on the drivers
side. I also purchased some high quality heat shielding
from DEI and insulated under the carpets. Another good place
for heat shielding is under the aluminum toe box shields.
After burning up some Cool-Tec heat shielding, I purchased the
floor and tunnell shield from DEI. This stuff is not cheap
but really works. Call Mike at DEI, 800-264-9472. He is very
friendly and knowledgable about their products.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm flying up to see Bill P. at Woodhouse next month to look at a new GTS and I'm really, really pumped, but I need some advice on this hot foot thing. I also live in Florida and hot & humid doesn't begin to describe July & August here. How bad is it and do these fixes work enough for you hot weather guys or are long trips in summer too much of a pain?

Thanks...Paul

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackACR:
Also,had a h-pipe put in which cut the sound down dramatically<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tony,

Can you elaborate on the H-Pipe...where about did you put it?

Warren 00 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

I've got the Corsa 3" with Random high flow cats on my car, and have made two trips to Florida from Atlanta in the summer. One to Tampa, and one to Miami. I never noticed any discomfort from excess heat in the foot wells.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Addressing the factory cat and resonator situation is the way to go from my last year of gleaning threads for the heat issue, and I live in Canada, yikes......

After an hour of driving my female passengers are encouraged to remove articles of clothing one at a time until comfy, and they usually comply. Perhaps this is why I am hesitant to install my complete exhaust system staring me in the face 5 feet from the car.

Keep in mind male passengers are instructed to keep all clothing in place, and enjoy the 190mph sauna!!
smile.gif

the motor runs hot, no doubt, but the collection of heat at the cats, right at your feet, amplifies the problem, they gotta go!!! The extra hp and music from the pipes is all bonus material......haha

OP
OP
S

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
93RT WAS EXACTLY RIGHT. I CUT A HOLE UNDERNEATH THE DRIVERS SIDE SPEAKER GRILL ON THE HOOD. MAN IT WORKED REALLY GOOD!

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys...sounds like each car is a little different. I really appreciate the help. I've been debating between the Vette and the Viper...I've had a Vette before and it was trouble free...great DD...but despite all that after driving a 01 ACR I am just hooked. I'm off to Woodhouse to see Bill P.

Paul