Heat cycle service on new tires?

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of R6's to start the new season. Do you guys recommend having them heat cycled, or do most guys just get the tires, put them on and go. I have read all the stuff on the Hoosier site and Tire Rack site, and will probably opt for the service. I was hoping for some input from someone who has used the R6 both ways, and noticed a difference in tire life and/or performance. -spend, or save the extra 60 bucks?

Reaction score
I have always heat cycled them myself then put on stands for a day or two, not sure you would see any appreciable gain doing it, I never really could tell, even by the thousandths of a second you get at an auto cross. R compound tires don't last long enough to worry about it IMO, they are made to run hard and replace often for the maximum performance, I probably get 12-15 good cycles then switch if you are looking for those thousandths, if just track days then they will work to the carcass either way. I save my $60 for the next set and if you use 8+ sets a year that adds up!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i do the same, its a waste of money to heat cycle them- i have done it all types of ways and allways get about the same results

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ran a new set of R6s at TWS and without the heat cycle. They were awesome but I made sure to do as the Hoosier site suggests and go easy the first time out with only 15-20 min run and increase your speeds over the period with your last lap at a hard pace to heat well and then let cool. Make sure not to scrub them or any burn outs to break them in correctly. After 2 days the wear showed evenly and hooked up well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456