Heffner Twin Turbo GTS for sale, great deal.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone looking for a TT GTS.

My old 1998 Heffner Twin Turbo is for sale. The guy who bought it for me is getting something else (again).

Truely a GREAT TT GTS. After he bought it from me, he sent it to Jason immediately for Heads/Cam/AEM/injectors, etc. I don't know the exact numbers but it's got to be 850+rw on pump gas, most likely more. I would guess 1000+rw with more boost and race gas.

Anyone who hasn't seen it, it has ACR chrome BBS wheels, Baer brakes, Boost gauge, MGW stuff, and lots of other goodies. I added a picture from when I had it. It now has Chad's Wing from his BB GTS as well.

It can be had in the $70's. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM and I'll get you in touch with the owner.

1494HeffnerTT4.JPG

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car has been on ebay several times at much higher prices. In the 70's is going to be a great deal for someone.

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, he's had it on Ebay, but IMO it wasn't shown very well. Needed better pictures, etc.

It's worth alot more than he'll take for it. He's just go too many cars right now, and he's itching to get a Ferrari. LOL

You cannnot buy and build for anywhere near that. It needs nothing except someone with the guts to drive it! :D

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, he's had it on Ebay, but IMO it wasn't shown very well. Needed better pictures, etc.

It's worth alot more than he'll take for it. He's just go too many cars right now, and he's itching to get a Ferrari. LOL

You cannnot buy and build for anywhere near that. It needs nothing except someone with the guts to drive it! :D

dont ya mean nuts!!!! he would sell it alot faster if he got rid of the chrome wheels ;)

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever buys it will also get a new part time job....cleaning those wheels must honestly take 20 minutes. :(

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Booo Hisss........in regards to the Wheels, they are ALOT easier to clean when Chromed, compared to stock.

Chromed ACR BBS wheels are as good as it gets! :D

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, does Roy actually have the car or is he just fronting it? I've seen it on his site for a while now.

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, does Roy actually have the car or is he just fronting it? I've seen it on his site for a while now.

I don't know who Roy is, but I know he does NOT have the car. It is in Naples, with the owner.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok... I mean no disrespect when I ask this question, but that car has seen more butts than a florida **********. Or at least it seems like that car is always forsale. Is there something wrong with it or is it just too much for the owners to handle?

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok... I mean no disrespect when I ask this question, but that car has seen more butts than a florida **********. Or at least it seems like that car is always forsale. Is there something wrong with it or is it just too much for the owners to handle?

The car has not been "shown" well. It has been for sale by the current owner on various sites, all with the same Presentation, and not a good one. The owner just doesn't want to spend the time to squeeze out a few bucks.

Owner likes cars and understands he won't be able to dominate the street with a his other toys, like he has with the Heffner TT. But he has the $$ to go from car to car without worries.

He's got the Benz, Skyline, Heffner TT GTS, others, and wants a Modena.

NO stories, I was 2nd owner a long time ago, he's owned it since.

It's a great deal, plain and simple.

Now back to those gorgeous BBS ACR Chromed Wheels! Damn, they are sharp! :D

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen it on Ebay a couple of times and cannot believe it hasn't sold, it is a flawless and gorgeous car. Ever think about buying it back Casey?

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think of buying it back? I flinched once or twice. Considering I could buy it back at what I sold it for, and it's got $18k more work done on it. Yeah, just not the right move for me right now! :D

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta understand peoples sketacism though. You personally have posted it "being for sale" again a couple of times. We are a small enough community to recognize that its been on here a couple of times, and def on ebay a number of times. If the owner cant take 10 mins to take better photos and do it right, is that an indication of his care for the car too? Also doesnt it look a little suspect that if the car is so great, and you love TTs, why wouldnt you just buy it back at this "great deal"?

Just giving you feedback, I think you are a straight shooter, but thought I would say somethings that others might be thinking, but aren't willing to post.

I hope your buddy sells it, and gets a good price. GTS's def. arent depreciation devices like the gen 3's are right now, so if you have to have a super fast Viper, I'd prob pick a gen 2. As you wont lose as much in the long run.

Jon

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey,

Do you have a list of ALL mods done to the car, including the things you had done to it?

I can't recall if it was a built motor or stroker motor, etc.

That might help also.

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do understand Jon, it really doesn't do me any good to help sell it for the current owner and seeing how it has been advertised, I wouldn't have touched it myself.

I personally, am looking into something else for my next toy, if I was looking for another Viper, I probably would buy it back. But saying that doesn't mean anything really.

NO biggie.

Those that have PM'd me with questions, I am forwarding everything to the current owner. It's up to him after that.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey,

Do you have a list of ALL mods done to the car, including the things you had done to it?

I can't recall if it was a built motor or stroker motor, etc.

That might help also.

Casey, How about posting a dyno sheet with the heads and cam and latest upgrades?

Does that motor have billet main caps to hold power levels over 900 RWHP?

What kind of turbos does the car have?

T-03/T-04 GT35R hybrids or T-04 turbine housings?

From what I remember, after the blower, you upgraded to TT and got one of the first few original GT35R systems Heffner made.

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would have it . . .

if i didn't have to pay the UK VAT and import duty getting it through UK customs!!! (same cost as stock 01 or 02 after import...!)

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you have those ACR wheels chromed? How much and where?

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you have those ACR wheels chromed? How much and where?

I had them chromed in Cali, not Cal Chrome though. If I remember correctly it was Reed Chroming. I bought the wheels from a guy that lived 15 minutes from them, so it was easy to do, they turned out real nice. I do not have the paperwork anymore though, went with the car.

I paid $125 a wheel. Since they are 1 piece wheel, $150 is probably what Cal Chrome charges.
It's worth every penny! :thumbsup:

Call, CalChrome, everyone that has used them says they are the best!

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey, How about posting a dyno sheet with the heads and cam and latest upgrades?

Does that motor have billet main caps to hold power levels over 900 RWHP?

What kind of turbos does the car have?

T-03/T-04 GT35R hybrids or T-04 turbine housings?

From what I remember, after the blower, you upgraded to TT and got one of the first few original GT35R systems Heffner made.

Paolo,

I do not have a dyno sheet since the upgrades. It's not my car anymore. And I am trying to help out, not trying to get too involved with it all.

My guess would be that Jason took care of it properly like normal when all the upgrades were done. So I'm sure it's built for the power level it's at.

Any detailed questions, I am passing on to the current owner. Obviously, he's got the info.
I'm not trying to bother Jason too much either, as he's busy as normal.

My guess would be that it will be sold within a week, at this point. He's had alot of interest. (Your welcome! :D )

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know who Roy is, but I know he does NOT have the car. It is in Naples, with the owner.

Well.....my name is ROY.....I bought the TT VIPER that belonged to CASEY....I bought it from a car dealer in the Miami area.....I kept it for about 8 months and it was an AWESOME VIPER....I do not keep my Vipers longer then a year....I am on my 9th Viper....T man that got it from me lives in New Hampshire....he even spent slot more on it and made it into a show car....all he does is show it....it is even nicer then it already was when I had it.....his name is Brian Duffin....I picked up a 1964 PRO STREET VETTE , AWESOME also....kept it about 8 months and sold it....I now own a A.R.T Twin Turbo dynoed 1200 h.p. On low boost....over a 1000 rwtq to the rear....that dyno is on 12 lbs of boost on 93 octane....I can turn the boost up in the car to 17 lbs and it with c-12 easily makes 1400h.p..... It is programmed to launch under boost, no turbo lag....the Heffner did not launch under boost and had turbo lag.....not this one....it was an AWESOME Viper to drive but the one I have now is INSANE....I don't fall in love with my toys and this one will probably end up for sale down the road? But for power where do I go from here? I just now for the first time saw this old thread...sloop I just wanted to make a statement that NEVER was a thing at all ever wrong with Caseys old Viper.....and still isn't..... Only improved on .....I dought that the man that has it now will ever sell it...HE loves that Viper, his first one ever and I am very happy that it went to a very good home.....hope I did not bore you by my response.....just had to make
a comment about the SILVER BULLET, ha....enjoy your Vipers and be safe....ROY :drive::2tu: :stick::lastweek:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be ignorant (but I am...never had a TT set up put on a Viper) but assuming a good TT set up costs less than $40,000 to accomplish, wouldn't it be better to buy a clean GTS in the 30's and have it TT'd? Maybe it does cost $40K to properly TT a car, in which case "70's" is a fair price.....

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be ignorant (but I am...never had a TT set up put on a Viper) but assuming a good TT set up costs less than $40,000 to accomplish, wouldn't it be better to buy a clean GTS in the 30's and have it TT'd? Maybe it does cost $40K to properly TT a car, in which case "70's" is a fair price.....
:thankyou::2tu:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, I get snagged by that all the time.....I read the last few posts and don't realize its a resurrected thread. In the inimitable words of Emily Litella, "never mind"....:)

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That was EXACTLY my first thought and what I was about to post ---

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4