Hells Angels Associate Dies After Flipping his Viper on Highway 1 (Vancouver)

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/dies+high+speed+crash/4898765/story.html

You must be registered for see images

A Dodge Viper driven by 32-year-old Jeremy Pinette lies overturned after the car flipped over and landed in the median.
Photograph by: Shane Mackichan Special To The Sun, Vancouver Sun
A man closely associated with the White Rock Hells Angels was killed instantly when his Dodge Viper flew off the Trans-Canada Highway in Langley Saturday night, rolled over and pinned him.

RCMP have identified the driver as Jeremy Pinette, 32, of Abbotsford.

Sgt. Peter Thiessen said a Langley Mountie saw the Viper westbound on 56th Avenue "approaching 264th at a very high rate of speed" shortly before the accident around 10 p.m.

"The officer turned around and activated the emergency equipment. However, by this time the Viper was no longer in sight and had now entered Highway 1 westbound at 264th Street. The officer immediately de-activated the emergency equipment," Thiessen said, adding the officer did not pursue the vehicle.

The same officer came upon the accident scene near 248th Street "and observed the same Dodge Viper upside down in the ditch with the lone occupant pinned inside," Thiessen said.

He said witnesses at the scene estimated that Pinette's Viper was travelling about 160 kilometres per hour before it hit the ditch.

Pinette grew up in Langley across the street from the White Rock chapter clubhouse, but was living in Abbotsford at the time of his death.

His home had fortified gates and security cameras, police confirmed.

Records from Abbotsford city hall show that Pinette had recently received a permit to build a machine shed worth more than $118,000 on the property.

Three years ago, when hundreds gathered at the Hells Angels' Langley compound to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the biker gang in B.C., Pinette was one of the designated drivers taking guests to and from their accommodations to the bash.

A Vancouver Sun reporter chatted with him when he left the compound and crossed the street during the event to visit his parents, who live and run a business on 61st, just east of 216th Street.

Throughout the July 2008 event, Pinette's father Roger, who owns Ponds Beautiful, criticized police for blockading 61st between 216th and 224th in order to screen those attending the party.

He said he lost a lot of business as a result of police turning away customers.

Asked at the time about his son's link to the Angels, he said: "He knows them. We all know them. We've been here 30 years, with the clubhouse here for 20 of them.

"My son grew up across the street from them and cut the Hells Angels' grass when he was a kid."

Pinette's sister Monica is an elite athlete who twice competed for Canada at the Olympics in the modern pentathlon.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, may he RIP. Seems like the article is avoiding the point that someone died, and focusing more on the guys possbile wrong doing's. Maybe the publisher should get some morals and have respect for the guy.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was coming home from Vancouver around 9pm after the Canucks/Bruins hockey game. I was in my Viper and saw this SSG Viper coupe turning next to me at Terminal Avenue. He was with a passenger at the time who was hunking a trumpet celebrating the Canucks win. We pulled next to each other a few times before entering the freeway.My son took a video of him in the car and exchanged some info about our cars at the redlight stops. He didn't do any crazy stunts at all and sounded like a normal guy. So an hour and half later I hear on the news about the crash.He told us he bought his car from Pioneer Chrysler and he was an Abbotsford resident, which puts him in the picture. RIP all I can say.My son's video won't be posted on Youtube!

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was coming home from Vancouver around 9pm after the Canucks/Bruins hockey game. I was in my Viper and saw this SSG Viper coupe turning next to me at Terminal Avenue. He was with a passenger at the time who was hunking a trumpet celebrating the Canucks win. We pulled next to each other a few times before entering the freeway.My son took a video of him in the car and exchanged some info about our cars at the redlight stops. He didn't do any crazy stunts at all and sounded like a normal guy. So an hour and half later I hear on the news about the crash.He told us he bought his car from Pioneer Chrysler and he was an Abbotsford resident, which puts him in the picture. RIP all I can say.My son's video won't be posted on Youtube!

You should try and contact his friends/family I bet they would love to have the video. I am sure my family would anyways. Viper owners are such a tight group of people. Its amazing how this stuff gets around.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Vancouver-gts. I was contacted buy a friend of the driver. Somehow he got my email out of this. Anyways He is a good friend of the driver, and would like to contact you about your video etc. You and your son are the last two people to see him Alive.

His contact info:

[email protected]

phone: 604-614-9382

Please keep posted, hope I can help!