Help! 01 RT/10 Trouble starting...

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys, hoping to pick your brains. Over the weekend i had the viper out for a pretty long cruise. No problems everything was perfect. The car sat for about 5 hours, then i went to start, and it wouldn't, just kept making the noise like it was about to fire up but wouldn't. I waited a good 30 seconds in between tries, then finally got it to start. The car ran PERFECT after i started it for the entire 75 mile trip home.

Today i got in it, started perfect, and drove perfect. I parked it for about 30 minutes, came back, it started up right away but was ROUGH and just about stalled out. So i shut it off, and turned it back on, and this time started perfect, and ran perfect. Basically the car is having starting issues, but once it starts runs flawless.

Any thoughts? Chuck Tator ran through everything and even did all the plugs and wires, and intake at the beginning of the season.... could it actually be the starter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave, thanks for the reply! How would i check to see if its bad?

Put a pressure gauge on the manifold port. I'm thinking the pump pump is fine but the check valve that holds the pressure could be going south. Or the old battery syndrome as mentioned above but it if spins good when cranking that's usually a sign the battery still has capacity. Although it could still have good amps but low volts.

Battery is easier to change than the fuel pump. :D

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke to the Viper Wizard, he thinks its he check valve in the Fuel pump..... FUN FUN! oh well one of the joys of owning our great cars...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang