Help Back Up Lights not working

Baddasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

My back up lights are not working. I replaced the bulbs but still the lights don't work. Whatelse can I check? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The switch on the right hand side of the tranny. I need to replace mine as well. I'm told it's not a big job if you can get under the car.

Reaction score
How ironic! I noticed last week that mine aren't working either. :) I figured it was a fuse or something...and can't be bothered to take the cover off just yet. LOL! Thanks Bigfoot! COULD it be a fuse?

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Timely thread. If you have checked the fuse, it is almost certainly the switch on the tranny as stated above. I recently replaced mine while the tranny was out for a new clutch. I got the switch from Jon B, I think it was 18.00

Reaction score
Which fuse box...so I know where to start. :) I have not check it yet, but I am thinking that it looks like history will prove it is the switch. :( Thanks!

OP
OP
B

Baddasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys for the information. I really appreciate your help. Which fuse box and what fuse should I replace to make sure its not just the fuse that's bad.

thanks in advance

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problem and it turned out to be the tranny switch.

It is located towards the front passenger side of the tranny. Not too bad to change and can be changed without removing the undertray.

In order to remove the switch without removing the undertray, I used my special combination wrench which I cut in half. :smirk: I believe it is a 7/8" hex on the reverse light switch.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad Asp,

If it is a GTS, do this. See if your rear defroster light works (above the shifter), when you press it in.... If it doesn't, your fuse blew. They use the same fuse (can't remember the number)... You now have the task of finding out WHY the fuse blew.... Bad connection at reverse light bulb, or bad reverse switch at tranny. Put in a new fuse (Fuse is located under steering wheel towards door - you will see the panel to remove), leave car in NUETRAL. After new fuse is inserted, try your defroster (Car still in nuetral) - Does it light? I bet it does. Now put your car in reverse. I bet you hear the fuse blow. If so, I believe it must be a bad connection at the bulbs (clean contact and replace bulbs), or a bad reverse switch (replace). Of course you could get lucky, and not blow the new fuse - but I doubt it....