HELP electrical problem

joe stehr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry new at this. Have a 2004 SRT 10 with 23000 miles. Battery 3 yrs old appx. Intermittently warning lights appear for ABS,airbag,parking brake. A/C compressor shuts down as does speedometer and turn signals. Reverse lockout on trans does not function. Viper tech has replaced body control module,A/c control head and reverse lock out switch. Still have problem.

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could possibly be a loose ground connection. Check the main grounds on the chassis, engine etc.. before replacing any more parts. Good luck!

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Have Battery checked out / load test. Try to isolate when problem occurs, I.E. when cranking/starting, under acceleration, steady speed,when first occured, Don't overlook the simple things thinking it's something major. Good Luck. :2tu:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PCI Bus is the communication wire for the ECU, BCM, Radio, A/C system, Tire Pressure Computer, Dash, etc. It is a single wire that connects them all together. The bad news is that this wire runs all over the car. I would start by letting the car run, and jiggling all the wiring harnesses around that you can locate, and see if you can duplicate the issue. That is, of course, if there isnt apparent wiring damage somewhere.

OP
OP
J

joe stehr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. May be leaving on an unexpected trip overseas but will try and advise

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan's suggestion is a good one. I had an intermittent short on the CAN bus on my last Chevy. Lots of weird failures would occur at the same time when it happened. The clue that solved it was that it seemed to occur most often when applying the brakes. It turned out to be the brake pedal arm had worn through the insulation on one of the under dash wiring harnesses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc