Help finding build sequence number?

Larry 03 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had no luck finding when my silver 03 will be built.
I do not have a vin number and my dealer or his rep. is no help.
I know that they are being built in a red,black,order but I want to know specifically where in the build sequence is.
If I am 1499 out of 1500 I want to know.
Someone knows this info, but who?
help please.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Untill your car goes to D status only the viper gods know when your car will be built.As long as it is in BX all that means is it is a good order but has not been scheduled for assembly.When your car goes to D status it will be assigned a VIN number.D and D1 can take a while but they seem to go fairly quickly once they go into E which means they have started to build the car.Just set back and be glad to know you are getting one sometime.

Tom

OP
OP
L

Larry 03 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the codes and build status.
I do not believe that no one knows the order in which the remaining cars will be built, even the ones with no vin numbers.
We were told initially that the build order would be random and then after certificates were returned the talk is that the build is based upon how soon the certificate was returned to Dodge.
It is simple, all I want to know is where is my car is in the sequence of the remaining cars.
I am sure all the other owners with no vin numbers would like to know also.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Larry2000GTS;

I know exactly how you feel, and you are not alone in the quest for information.

For a while now I have lovingly referred to the CAAP as "Area 51"; as mysterious things go on there that few (especially the reps and dealers) know NOTHING about. I personally believe it is no fault of the dealers as we make up such a small (but rabidly devoted) group. Fellow Viper Brethren will probably agree. I DO NOT understand WHY they can't get any information; truly baffling considering the price of the Viper and the size of the dealers we buy from. In a way, I believe we have to EARN our Vipers through this experience, and that is part of why they are special. (I know I'm stretching the truth here, please forgive me).

Seriously Larry, I think you can ask your dealer for some phone numbers that YOU can dial for help. On my first Viper, 98' Silver RT-10, I called Dodge Customer Service for help after 6 months of no Vin. I was lucky enough to get a really SUPER service gal who took down my home phone and said she would research it. She DID HELP ME! She found out about paint problems with Silver, and delays because of the building of the commemorative GT-2 Vipers. I DID NOT EVEN KNOW THERE WAS A GT-2 VIPER TO BE HAD, OR I WOULD LOVED TO HAVE ORDERED ONE!

My dealer is great, but doesn't sell many Vipers. No one told them about the GT-2, or problems with Silver paint. The BEST source has been from the "Official" folks on this board; people like Jay Herbert, Joe Houss, and knowledgeble people like Bill Pemberton and many others.

Ask your dealer for numbers for the folks in Distribution for D/C sales; try Viper headquarters and the Dodge Customer Service folks. They are very nice people, and selling cars and customer service is their livelihood.

Just my long personal opinion Larry, but it is a long wait for a special and expensive limited production vehicle. We DO deserve information, and asking the right people NICELY can really answer alot of questions. THE WAIT WILL BE WORTH IT (I am still waiting too btw).

Sincerely,

Jim