Help for Jay and the rest of us

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Jay got his 2003 unlocked.

According to some members here a solution exists to jump the trunk open after opening the hood on the SRT-10. My understanding is this solution, known by only one or two, will be given by PM only; PM for obvious reasons.

Most of the replies when I asked before were debates as to the logic necessary for doing this in the first place and why only PM rather than public posting. Is there is a definitive answer that it can or can not be done? If possible, I would still like to know. I will pay an appropriate fee for the persons time, design work and fabrication if need be and sign a nondisclosure under penalty of being locked out of mine for the next 6 months, LOL. If yes, can the doors be done also?

I agree to pay this fee we agree upon only after MY successful attempt using no more than six jumper wires no longer than 24" each and if required, your device. The correct key, key fob, crowbars, dynamite, air chisels, reciprocating saw and other creative solutions will only serve to entertain, not neccessarily a bad thing.

Thank you,
Larry

OP
OP
R

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hadn't thought of those!!! LOL :2tu:

Interestingly someone PM'd me with a wire jump solution, single wire. Before I try it, I will be going through the wiring diagrams and then very carefully, try it on my car...****, sizzle, spark, crackle, buzz, stink.... :bonker:

If it works, I'll post it did and see if anyone else is interested. If it doesn't, you won't hear a word from me. :crazy:
Larry

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
At one point, it was suggested that Jay place some of these solutions in "VCA Members Only" section...guess that did not workout ...???

On the other hand, help is usually only a phone call or two away.

OP
OP
R

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so far the wiring diagrams seems to support the solution. Since I am at best a clumsy, mediocre automotive technician and if it's not in a book or manual for me to read I need like to ask questions.

Once the contact/wire I want to energize is located, would it be prudent to come off the Power Distribution Center with the same amperage as what feeds the module and contact in question rather than jumping it directly to the positive power post under the hood? (In this case 30a to the BCM). Yeah, I know, W T F do I think I'm doing, it's now a quest and I'm attempting to show some caution.

Larry

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will be making contact with the 12v for a second only, so which power source to use is not important, as long as it's positive 12... :cool: