Help! how to Install EBC Rotors

Greg B

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I Have a 2001 GTS , I purchased some EBC dimpled/slotted rotors and am wondering if there is any special technique for opening up the calipers to install the new pads. (i dont want to damage anything)
appreciate any help i can get. :usa:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What part of WA are you from? I just did fronts and backs tonight..... If you need help you can call me.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This begs the question....do you have to rotate the pistons back into the calipers or do they push straight in? Probably won't be long before I'm needing to do this myself.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need a tool to push the piston back in for the rear calipers. And as Kelly suspects, you have to rotate it back in.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is why (on a non-ABS caliper) you have to rotate the piston - inside is a threaded shaft to take up the slack for the parking brake when the pads wear. You cannot simply push the piston in.

186G_worm_shaft_assy2.jpg

For a while many cores were coming back with chipped edges from folks beating on the piston. Give a brake a break - don't beat your pistons...

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried making a tool but that didn't work so I ended up using a pair of needle nose pliers. You have to use gentle force. This doesn't always work (if your pistons are too hard to turn)
Gary

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen