HELP!! I need a OEM Jack

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who has a new or good used OEM jack for My 97 GTS Viper for sale? Tonight I was jacking up the Viper and the P.O.S. Jack folded. :shocked: :curse:
I need one ASAP Please let Me know where to purchase one. I did a quick search of the VCA Forums and also looked on Ebay and found nothing.

:usa: Thanks Again :usa:
:2tu:

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've owned mine for 3 years and I've never seen the jack. Don't know where to look. But what about the harbor freight low profile jack for $69 that most of the guys here use? I believe they are $89 but they run their specials all the time and many here get them for $69-$75.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've owned mine for 3 years and I've never seen it. But what about the harbor freight low profile jack for $69 that most of the guys here use? I believe they are $89 but they run their specials all the time and many here get them for $69-$75.

I paid $69 for mine from the website. Only used it a couple times so far, but it seems like a quality piece

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about the harbor freight low profile jack for $69 that most of the guys here use? I believe they are $89 but they run their specials all the time and many here get them for $69-$75.

:headbang:

I've used my Harbor Freight for the last 4 years on my Z06 and '97 GTS. Not one problem. :2tu:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find an old post where I describe an electric scissors jack that I had just bought. It looks similar and is close in size to the oem jack, but, it is 12V powered. This jack makes tire changing very easy, I change the tires quite often when I am on my four post lift, it works perfectly.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Find an old post where I describe an electric scissors jack that I had just bought. It looks similar and is close in size to the oem jack, but, it is 12V powered. This jack makes tire changing very easy, I change the tires quite often when I am on my four post lift, it works perfectly.

http://www.roadmasterusa.com/carjacks_rm.php

You must be registered for see images

Would be nice to have in the trunk of your daily driver as well.

ylosnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar can still supply jack. Current part # 4695774AC. Is in stock at several depots. List price $50.50

OP
OP
S

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar can still supply jack. Current part # 4695774AC. Is in stock at several depots. List price $50.50

I just wanted to say Thanks for the info on the jack.
I called my local Dodge dealer and they have one in stock.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
But what about the harbor freight low profile jack for $69 that most of the guys here use? I believe they are $89 but they run their specials all the time and many here get them for $69-$75.

I looked around the Harbor Freight website and they have several low profile jacks for under $80.

Is it the low profile aluminum racing jack that weighs 24 lbs and a 3000 lb cap., max lift height of 14-3/4" seen here:

Harbor Freight Aluminum Racing Jack

Or is it the low profile steel jack that weighs 103 lbs and a 3 ton cap., max lift height of 18-1/2" seen here:

Harbor Freight Steel Jack

I like the 360 degree rubber swivel on the aluminum one although the steel jack lifts higher and has a longer reach.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy speedy delivery, Batman!!! Based primarily on this thread I ordered a low profile jack from Harbor Freight on Monday. When I got home from work Thursday it was sitting on my porch - three DAYS after I ordered it. I hadn't even requested special delivery.

It looks like a good product. Regular price is $179.99 but right now it is on sale for $129.99 and with a little Google coupon searching I got $5 more off that.

Harbor Freight Low Profile Aluminum Racing Jack

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
let me get this straight...... your OEM jack folded and you want to buy another one? hmmmm........ I have heard too many stories about factory jacks collapsing and crap. Why don't you try another jack? Not the floor jacks people are recomending in this thread, since I think you are looking for a small travel type jack, so see whats available. I had a car a while back, that I remember buying a "scissor" type jack for at Wal Mart. It was a little thicker than OEM and I had to make it fit in the jack spot but I improvised, since it was about the same size. This thread makes me want to start looking for alternatives for my jack. I do like that pneumatic scissor jack, Jack B mentioned, but with my Viper sitting as low as it is, I don;t think that wound get under there. I have one kinda like this in the garage - http://www.abbeypowertools.co.uk/store/car-maintenance/car-jacks-axle-stands/draper-tj2-2-tonne-trolley-jack/showitem5726-37036.aspx but I have to take out the contact "saddle" piece so it can slide under the car. Oh well.... good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX