Help identifing wing on GTS

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can identify this wing for me.....Bill Pem @Woodhouse had a potential buyer for the car but they didn't like the wing. Does the wing have any value? Thinking of removing it and fixing the car up to drive...I had a street rod buyer for the drive train...gave me a deposit..never came back!

Thanks!!!!!

2012-02-04_14-46-56_659.jpg

2012-02-04_14-50-33_73.jpg

2012-02-04_14-45-25_250.jpg

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that looks like the exact same wing that I have on my car.
You must be registered for see images

I was speaking to JonB, and he thought it was made by a guy or company calling himself the 'Wingman' I believe PartsRack used to sell them? Here's how it mounts....

Hoy, Mr Mom......Whatcha mean its not functional, its perfect for cups of tea and sandwiches at car meets :eater: :D

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats the wing I used to have along with many other owners. I got it from Snake Oyl and they still have it for 1895.00 on their site. Its the same wing that came on the 98 GT2 factory cars. It probably is not worth much as a take off plus all the body work involved to cover the holes. The wing used to be very common but the down force is minimal compared to some. More looks.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the autoform GT2 wing (which i assume is a replica of the OEM GT2 wing):

OP
OP
V

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys!..I think its the same as the red and silver car above.. the blue and white car side tips look smaller..and mine does not have the exposed screws.....I was hoping it was something of high value that would recoup some of my cost of the car...I over paid for the car...I was going to use it for a race car but decided to go with a new model...now I am trying to figure out how to get my money back...I am thinking maybe its worth more in parts then in a whole. Thanks for the pics etc!!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gonna be tough to take that wing off and repair the holes it leaves behind. id bet its worth a lot more in parts but thats a PIA to do and takes time too....

vp97

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fatboy18- Your wing was originally produced by Multi-axis Machine in Boyd,TX. The owner being Tony Wendling. The "wingman",Kingman Hitz, had the idea and was the club president here in DFW awhile back. They made a single plane wing and a dual plane wing. I know both of these wings were run on tracks by the Desert Venom guys in the late 90's, I met them at VOI5 in Vegas. The molds were later sold to Parts Rack.

OP
OP
V

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks so much George, took me ten years to restore that thing...its insanity, I went a little overboard...I havent run it in 12 years, but I dont have the heart to sell it. So there it sits...Garage furniture

Black and Blue, no the car is very nice..i can post a few more pics of it...I am second owner 2200 miles. Has not been run in 3 years...I don't know much about it, i bought it sight unseen to convert to race car...lost interest and am now building a 2010 race car. So no need for it anymore. It does need a battery, A/C charged and the wipers were screwed up, the motors were out of synch or something....besides that I didnt notice anything else wrong with it. Well except that wing. Bill P at woodhouse told me that the wing pretty much ruined the value of the car for collectors..plus to get good money, the car would need to be in perfect working condition. It would need cleaned up and fluids changed..all that stuff ...lord knows if the gas tank needs cleaned out...I bet its ok tho.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fatboy18- Your wing was originally produced by Multi-axis Machine in Boyd,TX. The owner being Tony Wendling. The "wingman",Kingman Hitz, had the idea and was the club president here in DFW awhile back. They made a single plane wing and a dual plane wing. I know both of these wings were run on tracks by the Desert Venom guys in the late 90's, I met them at VOI5 in Vegas. The molds were later sold to Parts Rack.
Wow, thank you so much for that information :1up: Its really good to know where all the parts came from, any idea what the costing was for these items at the time?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to take my wing off when the car came to the UK to get the car through a Government SVA Test (single vehicle approval). If you remove the wing all that you will see on the rear lip will be 4 small holes, I used some rubber grommets to cover the holes. It really did not look that bad, but of course if you wanted to remove the holes permanently that would be a different story :)

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the wing pretty much ruined the value of the car for collectors...

Undoubtedly true, but there are a bunch of non-collectors out there wanting Gen2 cars.....and some of those like wings. Wings do polarize the audience, some love 'em, some hate 'em, few in bteween. You don't have to give up on sale because it has the wing.....

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted a car with all the Goodies on :) Ive had members asking about my wing :) Have to say if I could chose any type of wing It would have to be the one Mopar Boy has on his V8.....I would need to change the colour though, sometimes you can have too much drag :D

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it?

I can only see part of the fender. It looks like a 72-74 Challenger. The side marker reflector is a screw on and not recessed and/or has no trim, so I am thinking it is a later model-can't be a 1970 or 71. My guess is a 72 Challenger Ralley 340 (see fender graphic).

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That wing does indeed look like the ones Tony made. I have seen his car and I know him through my company. I buy machine parts from him. Super guy.

OP
OP
V

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats no small block with those leaf spring boxes...

It's a doug nash 5 speed in it...

Thanks for the compliment...I worked very ******* that car for years...shame I never use it, I guess it was the project I was more interested in than driving the car.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats no small block with those leaf spring boxes...

It's a doug nash 5 speed in it...

Thanks for the compliment...I worked very ******* that car for years...shame I never use it, I guess it was the project I was more interested in than driving the car.

That's funny, my first reply was that you had dumped a hemi due to the heavy duty items in the pic; but I thought, well I do know that is not an automatic, so I went the safe route with my guess. I tell people all the time to go with their first instinct and I didn't. :lmao: So, 383, 440, or elephant?

OP
OP
V

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its a 440 6-pak , I offset ground the crank down to chevy rod sizes and put chevy rods in it.. it all looks 100 stock..but headers...its a real torque monster..you can be driving along at about 40- 50..and mat it...the tires just smoke up..its actually a little dangerous....guess thats the drag racer side of me.
I loved that big block stuff, well still do race a couple keith blacks, but fell in love with these Vipers..Next best thing as far as I am concerned.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte