Help needed with Window Regulator

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Help, Went out today in the Viper, Put the window down, but when I wanted it to come back up heard a cracking sound! After getting home and taking door apart found this!!

You must be registered for see images

The Nylon block which goes up and down attached by two wires has completley broken apart :( I pieced it back together this is what it should look like,

It is part of the window regulator assembly. Dose anybody know if this part is available on its own, or do you have to buy a whole new Regulator assembly?

Being as im in the uk I realy need your guys help.
Thanks Mark.
2000 GTS

:uk:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Jon B from partsrack a call or rear out to chuck tator. They will be able to tell you for sure.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had this happen not too long ago. The piece does NOT sell alone. I had to get an entire window regulator. ***** I know :(

:usa:

Check xvipers or viperpartslarry. Perhaps they have the part off a low mile wreck.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had this happen not too long ago. The piece does NOT sell alone. I had to get an entire window regulator. ***** I know :(

YIP, I had this happen with my Dodge truck and ended up buying the entire regulator from a dismantler for $75 just for that plastic part :( ... Your best bet is one of the online dismantlers or by some miracle a local one ;)

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem is I think it had been cracked for a long time, bits of the block have fragmented off so it would not be a perfect join :(

Did think about superglue though :)
Right just for intrest, I glued the block back together using superglue, It held ok. But as soon as I attached the wires and put a bit of tension on the block, the block fell apart again.

Sad to say Superglue dose not work :(

Back to plan B :eater:

Just nipping up to Luton to see Chuck Tator for Pub Lunch :headbang:

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Try Paul Scharf. I've bought the passenger side from him twice. Not cheap, but a heck of a lot cheaper than buying the entire regulator set up. Have fun re-installing it, that is a big PITA. That damn cable goes on TIGHT, and you're contorting your hands trying to work in there. Fun.

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you please take a picture of where the white plastic part goes after installation? I'm trying to get a visual in my head where (and how) this thing attaches.

Thanks,
Matt

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Same thing happened to me. Pretty hefty "viper tax" on the replacement regulator, too and a pain in the butt to replace. I think all the weight of the window going up and down must be transferred through that little plastic piece. Either that, or it just cracks from vibration in the car... kinda cheap, though.

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you please take a picture of where the white plastic part goes after installation? I'm trying to get a visual in my head where (and how) this thing attaches.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt, OK heres some pics.

This pic shows the complete assembly. This is a 1 of part from Dodge!

As you can see, the white nylon shuttle, runs up and down the control arm, pulled either way by connecting wires.

This pic shows my original shuttle which I have glued back together using 2 part epoxy resin, I cant belive it holds!!
You can see how the wires are attached.

Heres another shot

At the end of the control arm is a bent Tab, You need to gently bend this to remove the shuttle from the control arm :2tu:

One thing about this job though! The wires are under tension, and are extremely hard to get into the nylon block, I did manage it but an extra pair of hands to push and hold the springs into the motor assembly would be recommended. One more thing!

The wires run around a plastic wheel inside the motor, If your window clip snaps, do not try and operate the window switch, otherwise you may chew up the wires wraped around the plastic wheel inside the motor :(

This final pic shows a Chrysler Voyager assembly. As you can see its a diffrent set up but the Window clips are the same :)

White cilp for Viper Left window , Black clip for Viper Right window. Throw the rest of it away :)
My new clip is in the post :)
Cheers Mark.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All done :drive: Got my replacement clip today, fitted and back in the car. Still lots of sunshine over here at the moment so went out for a drive. :2tu:

Total cost $17:00

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had this happen not too long ago. The piece does NOT sell alone. I had to get an entire window regulator. ***** I know :usa:

ROB! You did not call me! (Or maybe you did and I shared how to find and fix it?) We have the part remanufactured and we DO sell the plastic doohickies seperately..

V

Venomiss

You did a good job....Maybe good enough for the illustrated section?

Hi Matt, OK heres some pics.

This pic shows the complete assembly. This is a 1 of part from Dodge!

As you can see, the white nylon shuttle, runs up and down the control arm, pulled either way by connecting wires.

This pic shows my original shuttle which I have glued back together using 2 part epoxy resin, I cant belive it holds!!
You can see how the wires are attached.

Heres another shot

At the end of the control arm is a bent Tab, You need to gently bend this to remove the shuttle from the control arm :2tu:

One thing about this job though! The wires are under tension, and are extremely hard to get into the nylon block, I did manage it but an extra pair of hands to push and hold the springs into the motor assembly would be recommended. One more thing!

The wires run around a plastic wheel inside the motor, If your window clip snaps, do not try and operate the window switch, otherwise you may chew up the wires wraped around the plastic wheel inside the motor :(

This final pic shows a Chrysler Voyager assembly. As you can see its a diffrent set up but the Window clips are the same :)

White cilp for Viper Left window , Black clip for Viper Right window. Throw the rest of it away :)
My new clip is in the post :)
Cheers Mark.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc