HELP - No 5 volt to map sensor code P1296 - VEC1 issue?

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 97 GTS is throwing the no 5 volt to map sensor and I was wondering if this could be related to wiring the VEC1. May be something different, but my viper tech wants to looks a the VEC1 wiring diagram.

Anyone have a similar issue? Thanks for the help....Kurt

S

SUN RA KAT

I had it with my Dodge Ram truck. Found out VEC1 was working perfect, but needed to turn system on and wait a few seconds before starting engine. No more 1296 codes now.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Definatly could be VEC-1 related. Happened to the first car I installed a VEC-1 on, where I had used the supplied connectors instead of soldering which I have done ever since. The connectors sometimes come loose, and will cause a check engine light, or in complete disconnection cases, engine will not start. Solder if at all possible.

Also, one thing that can cause a MAP code to come up with a VEC-1, is when you turn your key from OFF to START too quickly. Pause in ON position for one second before jumping to START. This is due to the VEC-1 on some cars being powered by wiring that is only powered in ON, so it takes a split second for the VEC-1 to power up and supply a voltage to the MAP. By jumping right to start, it cranks over before the MAP can recieve a voltage, and viola, code is popped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32