HELP! NO A/C or RAD ELECTRIC FAN! BATTERY LIGHT ON! HELP!

onebadviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1994 RT/10.
biggrin.gif
Today while cruising I noticed the battery light on my dash came on. At the same time the A/C quit cooling and the engine started to heat up. I stopped, checked under the hood and the electric fan had quit running. So now the A/C compressor & the rad. electric fan are not working. The battery is new & the volts gauge reads 14 volts with the engine running. Checked the battery volts and they read 13.2 & the alt. output is 14.7 volts with the engine running. What has happened?
confused.gif
I checked all the fuses under the dash and all are good. I also checked the two fuses that are by the main electric box where the battery cable hooks up, and they are good too. I don't know what to check next. I really don't want to take it to the dealership! Please help.
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif

Thanks,
Warren
(onebadviper)

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">You might want to check and clean the battery terminals and inspect the cables, both positive and ground, at both ends.

A battery could test 13.2 volts with a voltmeter, but under load, the corrosion would limit the current and cause an excessive voltage drop. I've had a brand new Diehard test 13.8 volts but fail a load test.</FONT f>

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4